‘Loco Moco’ Hamburger Rice Bowl. Rice Bowl with Fried Eggs, Mini-burgers, and Pac-Rim Gravy Hamburger, fried egg, white rice, and instant gravy may not sound like a formula for gustatory wonderment. But for many Hawaiians, loco moco (for that's what they call this rib-sticking combination) is the ultimate comfort food, equally welcome at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a. The local legend says is that a bunch of teenagers were hungry and looking for a quick meal.
There are many variations, but the traditional loco moco consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger, a fried egg, and brown gravy. Variations may include bacon, ham, Spam, tofu, kalua pork, Portuguese sausage, teriyaki beef, teriyaki chicken, mahi-mahi, shrimp, oysters, and other meats. It was fresh and super delectable. You can cook ‘Loco Moco’ Hamburger Rice Bowl using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ‘Loco Moco’ Hamburger Rice Bowl
- It’s 500 g of Beef Mince.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- It’s 4 of servings Freshly Cooked Rice.
- It’s 4 of sunny-side-up Eggs.
- Prepare of Salad Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped Parsley.
- You need of <Gravy Sauce>.
- Prepare 20 g of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cups Beef Stock.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of Ketchup.
- Prepare of Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
The seating is all out door which made it perfect because the weather was just right. Loco Moco is Hawaii's original homemade fast food and can be found at just about any fast food joint, roadside diner, mom and pop restaurant or lunch wagon in the Islands. Rice, a beef patty, sunny-side up egg and gravy. Loco Moco is a simple Hawaiian recipe that consists of steamed rice topped with tender hamburger patty, fried egg, and smothered with flavorful mushroom gravy.
‘Loco Moco’ Hamburger Rice Bowl step by step
- Place Beef Mince, finely chopped Onion and Egg in a mixing bowl, lightly season with Salt & Pepper, mix well and form into 4 round hamburgers..
- If you use only 1 frying pan, cook sunny-side-up Eggs first and transfer to a plate..
- Cook the hamburgers over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate..
- Add Butter to the pan, and cook Garlic and Onion until slightly caramelised. Add Plain Flour and cook for a minute. Add Beef Stock, Soy Sauce and Ketchup, and bring to the boil. *Note: Add the juice from the cooked hamburgers as well..
- Season with Salt & Pepper as required, and cook until the sauce thickens..
- Place freshly cooked rice in a serving bowl, top with a hamburger, pour the sauce over, place a sunny-side-up egg, and sprinkle with Parsley and Black Pepper if you like. Serve with salad..
A Loco Moco is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It has now evolved into dozens of different variations, but at its base you will find a bed of steamed white rice topped with a seasoned beef patty, rich gravy, and a more recent addition of a fried egg. There are many variations of loco moco, but the traditional loco moco consists of white steamed rice, topped with a juicy hamburger steak, flavorful gravy, and a fried egg. Outside of Hawaii, loco moco (ロコモコ) is actually quite popular in Japan as well and usually served in cafe-style restaurants, yoshoku (Japanese-western) restaurants. From the islands to your dinner table, Loco Moco is Hawaiian comfort food made with rice and a burger smothered with rich gravy and a runny yolk.