Mama's Lasagna. My mama's famous lasagna recipe is hands down the best lasagna I have ever had in my life. She learnt her ways from her Italian friends when she lived in New York City, adjusting the recipe through the years to perfect it…and every single person that tries her recipe comes back for seconds, thirds and leftovers for the next day! Brown ground beef in a frying pan.
Good to Mama has made it easy – you're already making one meal, just make an extra to give to a family in your neighborhood who's struggling. How it works: We match you directly to families in your neighborhood. You only make as many lasagnas as you have time for. You can cook Mama's Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mama's Lasagna
- It’s 1 of pd hamburger.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 2-5 cloves of chopped garlic(depending on how much you like).
- It’s 2-28 oz of cans diced or crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2-8 oz of cans tomato sauce.
- You need 3 Tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s half of box lasagna noodles.
- It’s 16 oz of cottage cheese.
- It’s 1/4 C of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 C of mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/4 C of Parmesan.
Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan. Lazy Lasagna (S) We've included this recipe in our Holiday Recipe Collection for those who like to step outside the box of normal traditions… or perhaps decide that they're a bit tired of turkey by the time Christmas Day or New Year's Day comes around. They have all signed up to cook at least one lasagna per week for another Eastie family or individual in need. 'Lasagna Mamas' Making Food For Families In Need During Coronavirus Pandemic. WBZ TV Feed – CBS Boston.
Mama's Lasagna step by step
- In a large pot cook hamburger and onion, adding garlic at the end..
- When hamburger is done add cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, sugar, basil and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour..
- Cook lasagna noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mix cottage cheese, 1/4 C Parmesan, 1 Tbsp parsley, 1 1/2 tsp each salt and oregano..
- Assemble lasagna by adding a little sauce to the bottom of a baking dish followed by layering noodles, sauce, cottage cheese mix and mozzarella cheese a couple times. Top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese..
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes..
Meaty, saucy, cheesy Homemade Meat Lasagna has to be at the top of all good Italian dishes. This recipe is the ultimate comfort food and so easy to make! Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper Watch Mama's Lasagna from Food Network. Pat's brothers are dropping by, so the Neelys make a pan of Mama's lasagna. Our highest priority is the health and well-being of everyone who visits our restaurant.