Meatball Heroes. Heat the oil in heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and Italian seasoning until well combined.
Full of spicy, tender meatballs and melty, stringy cheese, these sandwiches are messy to eat, but totally worth it. If you want to tone down the spiciness to make them more kid-friendly, try subbing in mild Italian sausage for the spicy links. In a hurry, you can use jarred tomato sauce. You can have Meatball Heroes using 13 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball Heroes
- You need 1 lb of Hamburger.
- You need 1/2 lb of Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Parsley.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Montreal Steak spice.
- It’s 1 of Marinara sauce.
- You need 8 of Buns.
Rewarm over medium heat before continuing.) To make the sandwiches: Spoon the hot meatballs with some sauce over the bottoms of the rolls. These real-life heroes are owed much, much respect for risking their lives daily for us mere mortals. And finally, we have the meatball hero. Filling bellies everywhere with super strength saucy meatballs, a gluten strand cape waving in the wind and cheesy armor.
Meatball Heroes instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix together turkey, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt, parmesan cheese , egg, olive oil, and steak spice. Form meat mixture into 1-1/2″ meatballs and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice buns in half and place on a baking tray. Preheat oven to broil and lightly toast buns until golden brown and cheese has melted. Warm marinara sauce in a large saucepan over low-medium heat or in the microwave until heated through. Top the bottom half of each toasted bun with 3-4 meatballs, cover in marinara sauce and cheese.
This is a real hero… A hero you can get down with… Preparation. On a clean sheet tray, arrange the meatballs in each of the hero rolls. Add a few tablespoons of warmed up Pomodoro sauce to each of meatballs. Drape each with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Meatball Nirvana "Three of my kids had two meatball subs apiece.