Pasta Fagioli. Prepare Our Easy Southern Styled Recipes w/ Free Recipes From KraftRecipes.com Did You Check eBay? Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
This Italian style soup is loaded with hearty ground beef, fresh vegetables, creamy beans, tender pasta and delicious herbs all in a rich and savory broth. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil. Add broth; bring to a boil. You can cook Pasta Fagioli using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta Fagioli
- It’s 5 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 5 clove of Garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 stick of Celery chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Carrot chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh rosemary chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried basil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 5 can of Crushed or diced tomatoes.
- You need 3 can of Chicken/veggie/beef stock.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Kale chopped.
- Prepare 3 can of Northern beans, or pinto or kidney rinsed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh parsley rough chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of Hamburger.
- Prepare 1 box of Small pasta like ditalini.
Add the beans, tomatoes, spinach and salt. Pasta Fagioli – an Italian Staple. Pasta e fagioli, or just pasta fagioli. I knew—and loved—this dish years before I knew how to spell it.
Pasta Fagioli step by step
- In a skillet with olive oil cook onion,garlic , celery, carrot, kale until they start to get tender kale takes a bit longer , set aside.
- Cook beef add salt pepper to taste maybe a bit of garlic, cook though make sure it's broken in tiny pieces (drain).
- In a stewing pot add stock, spices, tomatoes, veggies, beef bring to boil reduce heat simmer until beans and veggies are tender . Salt pepper to taste ..
- Cook pasta as directed… Rinse set aside.
- To serve put a scoop ( or how ever much you want ) of pasta in bowl then scoop your soup over. Garnish top with pinch of parsley and sprinkle (or so me I love cheese) of Parmesan drizzle top with olive oil . I like doing pasta separate I find that it soaks up all the broth..
- Note if you like it thicker less stock or add pasta to soup thinner add more stock. I mixed my broth I did half chicken half beef.
Growing up in New Jersey, pasta e fagioli is a staple on every red sauce place's menu, along with spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, alfredo and cannolis. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic to oil. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth, beans, parsley, basil and pepper. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.