Pizza bake with zucchini crust. How do you make zucchini crust pizza? Start by making the zucchini crust. Add zucchini, eggs, flour, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt to a mixing bowl.
But, O M G, Wow!" I knew going into this recipe, that no, I wasn't making a pizza-pizza, but the one major change that I did (b/c yikes, that was loads of cheese on the ingredients' list and I didn't want the base to be quiche-like!) was to drop the cheese from the zucchini part, save the parmesan, and sub. On a box grater or in a food processor, grate zucchini. Using cheesecloth or a dish towel, wring excess moisture out of zucchini. You can cook Pizza bake with zucchini crust using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza bake with zucchini crust
- It’s 4 c of shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 2 large zucchini).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 c of Italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 c of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 c of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 c of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 c of sliced black olives.
This recipe is actually way easier than it might seem. This gluten-free zucchini pizza crust is a simple combination of zucchini, egg, and mozzarella cheese, plus a little Italian seasoning and of course some salt and pepper. And thanks to a few smart tricks, it's the crispiest version there is. If you crave pizza but don't want the carbs from the crust, this keto pizza casserole with zucchinis is the best option!
Pizza bake with zucchini crust instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 15 minutes then squeeze out the moisture..
- Combine zucchini, eggs, parmesan, 1 c mozzarella and 1/2 c Monterey Jack, bread crumbs and garlic in a large bowl. Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce, salt & pepper (to taste) and Italian seasoning..
- Spoon meat mixture over baked zucchini crust. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Monterey Jack over top. Top with mushrooms and olives..
- Bake for 20 mins or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- All done!.
We all love a good pizza, but it doesn't mean you have to bake a pizza crust. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Freeze option: Cool baked casserole; cover and freeze.