Pizza Braid. Fold the end over the filling at each end of the dough. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into strips on both sides of the toppings. Fold one strip over the toppings and then fold one strip from the opposite side over the first strip.
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Brush all over until the top of the braid is fully coated. Wrap braid taking one slice over to the other until the entire dough is braided. You can have Pizza Braid using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza Braid
- It’s 1 of tube refrigerated pizza crust dough, any type or brand.
- It’s 1 jar of pizza sauce, any kind.
- You need 1 bag of sliced pepperoni.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of melted butter.
- Prepare dash of garlic powder.
- It’s dash of Italian seasoning.
Spray the top of the pizza with cooking spray olive or use a brush and brush on some oil. A pizza braid is very kid-friendly, easy on the wallet and extremely simple to make. My aunt and cousin first introduced me to them and I've been hooked ever since. The possibilities are endless of the varieties you could make (check out the Apple Dessert Braid!), but the recipe below is for a very basic hamburger and pepperoni braid.
Pizza Braid step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread pizza crust out on baking sheet. Top with generous amount of pizza sauce followed by pepperonis in a single layer and then cheese. (I doubled recipe)..
- Using kitchen scissors cut strips along both sides of pizza dough..
- Fold strips together over top of pizza and gently push together..
- Combine melted butter and seasonings and brush generously over top..
- Baked 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown..
- Cut into single serve strips with pizza cutter and serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Enjoy!.
Seal the perforations before adding any of the ingredients. After the dough is made, the pizza braiding steps are the same for both the sourdough and classic crusts. On a large, floured cutting board roll out the dough ball into a long rectangle. Cut the edges of the crust into long strips, leaving some space for the toppings in the middle. The pizza braid is a fun way to change things up while still using all of your favorite pizza ingredients.