Pizza shortbread. Be the first to review this recipe. Who says shortbread has to be sweet and only available at Christmas? These little appetizers from Company's Coming Gifts from the Kitchen have the same melt-in-your-mouth texture as your favourite holiday cookies, but a "mellow, buttery flavour with a hint.
When I think summer desserts, I want something cold, sweet and fruity. This fruit pizza is the perfect bite. A quick shortbread base is topped with a thick layer of sweetened cream cheese which is then brightened up with fresh fruit. You can cook Pizza shortbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza shortbread
- You need 2 cups of or 500 ml all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of margarine or 250 ml (you can also use butter).
- It’s of l1/2 cup or 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of or 30 ml finely chopped pimiento.
- It’s 1 tsp of or 5 ml dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 ml of salt.
- It’s Pinch of garlic.
- You need 1 ml of pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of or 1 ml dried sweet basil.
- Prepare of Optional.
- It’s of Paprika sprinkle.
It's summer on a plate and the perfect cold dessert. Toffee Crunch Shortbread Pizza Cookie: Prepare and cool Shortbread Pizza Cookie as directed. The only thing better than a slice of pizza is pizzetta shortbread! And we have to admit, it's easy for "pizza seasoned" snacks to become, well, a little lackluster.
Pizza shortbread step by step
- Combine all ingredients except paprika (flour, butter, cheese, pimiento,oregano, and basil etc) in medium bowl.
- Shape into 2 rolls about 11/2” (3.8cm) in diameter. Cut into 1/4 “ (6mm) slices. I had to use measuring tape and I used Saran Wrap to roll the dough – it was just easier..
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. I did not use paprika because my husband has allergies to some types and it causes him to have an upset tummy..
- Bake at 375 f (190 c) oven for about 10 mins. Makes about 46 shortbread cookies.
But Lark Fine Foods has totally nailed it with their buttery, perfectly-seasoned crackers. Press onto the bottom of a well-greased pizza pan. Topping: Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together; spread over cooled crust. Fruit: The fruits listed in the ingredients are just suggestions. Press into prepared pizza pan to make a crust.