Quiche – your way. Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen. Sign-up for Npower to get exclusive discounts, newsletters, members-only features, and more!. I can't quite decide if I like the baking mix crust or not, it is easy but I guess I just miss the good old fashioned pie crust.
And just a terrific way sneak in greens! Follow the quiche recipe as written, but skip the crust. Try making individual quiches using a muffin tin. You can have Quiche – your way using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quiche – your way
- Prepare of Make the Easy Quiche Crust.
- You need 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of TIP: or you can toast the heel of your bread and crumble it to not waste food.
- Prepare of Wisk together.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream ot heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper, white or fine ground is best.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste, seasoned salt is good too.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 of TIP: Ratios can be changed depending on how rich or light you want it..
- Prepare of Then add.
- It’s 2/3 cup of of your favorite fresh chopped veggies.
- Prepare 1 cup of of your favorite shredded cheese. Save half for on top.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of your favorite cooked meat and set aside.
- It’s of Meat and cheese combo ideas.
- You need 1 of *Ham & swiss *Bacon and swiss or cheddar *Chicken & cheddar *Hamburger & cheddar *Sausage & pepper jack *Chorizo & monterey jack.
- Prepare of Try these easy quiche combos.
- Prepare 1 of Ham or bacon, swiss, spinach and mushrooms topped with a little parmesan.
- Prepare 2 of Sausage, onion, bell pepper, and mushroom.
- You need 3 of Jalepeno, cheddar, green onion, bell pepper with chorizo or ham.
- You need 4 of Veggie: Spinach, mushroom, broccoli, bell peppers, onion and tomato (firm and seeded).
The baking temperature will be the same, though. This Easy Quiche Recipe starts with a premade pie crust but no one has to know! It's loaded with ham, cheese and green onions and is the perfect easy breakfast or dinner! You can really add anything you want to this easy quiche recipe — other vegetables, different cheeses or seasonings — but ham and cheese is our favorite way to do it up.
Quiche – your way step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a 2.5 quart baking dish with butter.
- Place bread crumbs evenly in bottom.
- Place meat evenly in bottom.
- Chop and/or dice your veggies of choice..
- Wisk egg mixture and add cheese and veggies.
- Pour in egg, veggies and half of the shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Enjoy your easy quiche!.
One way to avoid any potential problems is to freeze your quiche in its unbaked form. That neatly sidesteps any potential issues with cooked eggs or custards, and you can simply bake it whenever you need to. Line a pie plate with crust, or make up a batch of tart-sized crusts for mini-quiches if you prefer. Quiche is a unique dish based on eggs, milk, plenty of cream and fillings. There are multiple recipes and each of them comes with its own filling.