Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF. Mash the beans and cut the fresh coriander and vegetables (except for the carrots) into very small pieces apart from the carrots. The easiest way to do this is to pulse them in a food processor. Peel and grate / shred the carrots and mix in Add the veg to the beans and oats.
Add sausage and onion and saute until onions are translucent. Add bell pepper, garlic, parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper and ground black pepper. Great recipe for Vickys Bean & Chorizo Tortillas, GF DF EF SF NF. You can have Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 150 grams (2 cups) of canned aduki / red beans, boiled and drained.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 2 of small carrots.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of spring onions / scallions.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch coriander / cilantro.
- It’s 50 grams of (half a cup) gluten-free instant oats.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying.
A change in filling from the usual chicken or beef, absolutely delicious and filling! See my previously posted tecipes for free-from tortillas and fajita spice mix Vickys Quinoa Salad with Peas, Beans & Asparagus, GF DF EF SF NF. This healthy vegetarian Black Bean Quinoa Salad is fast, flavorful, and easily made in advance for speedy lunches and sides for work, school, or home! Say hello to the salad that totally reinvented my love for quinoa!
Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Any type of bean will work in these burgers.
- Mash the beans and cut the fresh coriander and vegetables (except for the carrots) into very small pieces apart from the carrots.The easiest way to do this is to pulse them in a food processor. Peel and grate / shred the carrots and mix in.
- Add the veg to the beans and oats. Mix together well and add the chilli, cumin, salt & pepper. Refrigerate for 30 mins for the flavors to blend together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls and then shape into burger patties. Seeing as there is no binding agent such as eggs, freeze the patties for an hour or until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, heat a few teaspoons of oil in a frying pan and cook each patty over a low heat for 5 – 6 mins on each side. Drain them on kitchen paper towels.
- These burgers are great in a bun topped with baby spinach, eggless mayo and slices of red onion and tomato.
It checks #ALLTHEBOXES and is gloriously gluten-free, vegan (or vegetarian if you. Great recipe for Vickys Venison Chilli Con Carne, GF DF EF SF NF. This is a really comforting recipe, great for the colder months and it tastes even better the next day so I make enough to have leftovers! I love to use venison in mine as it's very lean and the addition of the red wine and cocoa. Great recipe for Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF.