Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Check Out Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts On eBay. To improve the nutritional profile of pizza, use half whole-wheat and half all-purpose flour, which yields a light crust with a distinctive nutty taste. Use a food processor, stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or your hands to mix the dough.
I even tried freezing the individual pizza shells between layers of parchment paper WITHOUT freezing them seperately first, and it worked just fine.be careful when unpeeling the paper from the frozen shells, but this does save one more step for you busy cooks! In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour; set aside. All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar. You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white bread flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Here is the breakdown of what I use in my own recipe. A slight amount of sugar is used to proof the yeast in the first step. In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until evenly combined. This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is easy to make, it's naturally sweetened with a bit of honey, and it is mega-delicious.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In a small bowl, disolve a teaspoon of yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and let sit for approximately 10 minutes until mixture starts to bubble..
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup each of white bread flour and whole wheat flour. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix together..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and using a wooden spoon, mix until you form a dough. Gradually add 1 cup of water as you mix..
- Lightly flour your countertop and hands and knead the dough for 10 minutes..
- Place dough back in bowl. Cover up the bowl and let dough rise for 1 hour..
- Once dough has risen press down on it with your fist to release air that has built up during the rising process..
- Done!! Prepare with your favorite toppings or freeze for up to 3 months..
Whisk water, sugar, oil and yeast in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl. This recipe gives a soft textured pizza base crust and one which is crisp from outside after getting baked. There is no denseness or chewiness felt in the pizza bread crust. You can top your whole wheat pizza with your favorite toppings…veggies, meat, cheese, whatever your heart desires! This time we made one of our favorites, Caprese Pizza!