Wonton Pizza Rolls. These easy cheesy homemade pizza rolls are a home-run snack! They can even be made two ways! Roll them up into little pizza roll pockets or opt for the super-quick option of making little pizza wonton cups and stuffing them with all your favorite pizza toppings!
Brush a light coating of water along the two farthest edges of wrapper. Roll closest point over the filling, then bring the side points in and press. Roll snuggly and press farthest point onto the pizza roll. You can cook Wonton Pizza Rolls using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wonton Pizza Rolls
- You need of square wonton wrappers.
- It’s of Barilla marinara sauce (or your favorite marinara sauce).
- It’s of shredded mozerella cheese.
- Prepare of pepperoni slices, quartered or mini pepperoni.
- Prepare of Italian breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of cup of water.
- Prepare of egg, beaten.
- You need of canola oil for frying.
Wet the edges of the wrapper and press them closed, forming a roll. Align the rolls on the baking tray and brush the tops with olive oil. How To Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls. Lay out a wonton wrapper and on one side (split the longest length in half) place a pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. (Or swap for whatever fillings you want!!) Fold the naked side of the wonton wrapper over the pizza roll fillings and fold the sides over to create a pocket.
Wonton Pizza Rolls step by step
- Start by taking wonton wrapper and putting 1/4 tsp. of marinara sauce on one corner of the wrapper facing you. Layer with pepperoni and mozerella cheese..
- Take your finger, dip it in water and lightly moisten all 4 edges of the wonton wrapper around filling..
- Take the corner of the wrapper facing you and fold upwards towards the top corner about halfway..
- Tuck in each side of the wrapper over the folded corner and roll towards the top corner to seal the roll..
- Dip the rolled pizza roll into the beaten egg, then breadcrumbs..
- Fill, roll and bread all wonton wrappers before frying, as they cook quickly. Set aside in a single layer on paper plates so they dont stick to each other. If the wonton wrappers dry out a little that's fine, they're easier to handle that way..
- Heat about 2 to 3 inches of canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. If oil is too hot, filling will bust out of the wrappers so watch your heat closely..
- Fry each pizza roll on each side 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve with remaining marinara sauce or ranch dressing. Enjoy!.
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add in the Italian sausage, garlic, green pepper, and onion. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal. Homemade Pizza Rolls + Deep Dish Wonton Pizza Cups.