Baked Taco Burger Sliders. Add some fiesta flair to burger night with this taco-flavored mini burger recipe. The beef sliders are spiced-up with salsa and taco seasoning for maximum flavor and moistness in each bite. Separate slider bun tops from bottoms.
Place tops on sliders, pressing down gently to squish together, and brush tops with the melted butter. I grew up eating taco burgers at a local fast food restaurant. They no longer make the burger so I decided to make my own but wanted a smaller slider version. You can cook Baked Taco Burger Sliders using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Taco Burger Sliders
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, finely diced.
- You need 1 envelope of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend is best).
- You need of jarred salsa (any heat level).
- You need 12 of slider buns.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of hot sauce such as sriracha or tobasco (optional).
A "funeral sandwich" recipe was my inspiration in developing this slider. Put the chuck roast in a slow cooker with the taco seasoning, chopped onion, and beef stock. The taco meat gets layered with sliced cheddar cheese between your slider buns. Many slider recipes call for Hawaiian style rolls.
Baked Taco Burger Sliders step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef with diced onion in a medium skillet over med-high heat, breaking meat up to a fine crumble until no pink remains..
- Add taco seasoning and half the amount of water called for on package. Simmer 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter and stir in hot sauce to taste if desired..
- Separate slider bun tops from bottoms. Place bottoms in a 9×13" cake pan/casserole dish. Spread meat mixture over bottom buns. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Spoon a little salsa over top of cheese on each slider. Place tops on sliders, pressing down gently to squish together, and brush tops with the melted butter..
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake covered for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes..
- If desired serve with traditional taco toppings such as lettuce, tomato, sour cream, extra salsa and/or guacamole, and any sides you want (I like Mexican rice or seasoned tater tots). Enjoy!.
That is not a good choice for this recipe because the sweetness of the bread isn't a good flavor match for the super savory taco meat. These easy taco sliders are flavored with Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix and green chiles, and baked in the oven, making them easy and ready to top with all your favorite taco toppings! Taco Sliders – A hybrid of a taco and a burger that is wrapped in a tortilla. I like to stuff mine with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and guacamole. These Easy Taco Sliders are a great alternative to traditional tacos!