Cauliflower pizza crust. Recipe by: Alli Shircliff "You will never guess this rich, grain-free pizza crust is made with cauliflower instead of flour. Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings." Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe! In this easy, gluten-free pizza recipe, you're basically making cauliflower rice as base the base for your crust.
How to make cauliflower pizza crust. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions. Otherwise, just place the pizza pan into the oven. You can have Cauliflower pizza crust using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower pizza crust
- You need 1 lbs of chopped cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or mozzarella).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Salt pepper.
Though cauliflower is a low-carb vegetable, not all cauliflower crust pizzas are keto-friendly. In fact, most store-bought products and restaurant-made cauliflower crusts have around the same amount of net carbs as traditional flour-based pizza. Cauliflower: We'll use a whole head of cauliflower to make this naturally gluten-free pizza crust!; Eggs: Eggs will act like the glue holding our pizza crust together.; Cheese: Cheese not only adds flavor, but helps to make the crust sturdy.; Seasoning: Finish it off with a few pinches of seasoning. I keep it simple with salt, oregano, and garlic.
Cauliflower pizza crust step by step
- Steam chopped cauliflower in microwave for 5-7 minutes. Heat oven at 350 degree.
- With a hand mixer chop cauliflower finely. Add egg and cheeses, salt and pepper and mix.
- On a greased pizza pan, place cauliflower and spread into pizza shape, 1 inch thick. Cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add favourite toppings. Heat oven at 425 degrees. Return to oven and cook another 15 minutes..
- Let cool and enjoy!.
How to best enjoy this veggie-centric crust? Cauliflower Isn't Complicated Let's Keep It That Way. Switching out your favorite foods for healthier alternatives usually comes with a laundry list of high-carb filler ingredients. But at Cali'flour Foods, the base of all our low-carb, keto-friendly recipes is simple – whole heads of cauliflower, egg whites, and mozzarella cheese. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.