Cheeseburger Macaroni. The Taste You'll Love To Serve With Classico Pasta Recipes. This is the ultimate simple and fulfilling dinner that uses items I typically have in my cupboard. It's so easy to prepare and cooking all in one skillet makes it a snap for clean up. —Juli Meyers, Hinesville, Georgia.
I'm not embarrassed to admit it. Vary Cheeseburger Macaroni by using cream of onion sou-p for the cream of mushroom, small pasta shells for the elbow macaroni or Swiss cheese for the American cheese. Cheeseburger macaroni casserole is an easy dish to prepare for busy weeknights and the kids will love it! You can cook Cheeseburger Macaroni using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Macaroni
- It’s 400 gms of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese of Grated.
- You need 2 sprigs of spring onion of diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
This is a recipe I found, lost and found again. I got it off a can of stewed tomatoes. It's simple and a one pot meal. I had to be out of town for a couple of weeks and he made it twice.
Cheeseburger Macaroni instructions
- To some heated oil, add the spring onions and the beef mince and brown the meat..
- While the mince is cooking, in a bowl mix together the garlic powder, corn flour, paprika and brown sugar..
- Once the meat browns up, the rest of the ingredients go in. First pour in the chicken stock and milk. Next add the uncooked macaroni noodles..
- Then the powdered mix of garlic powder, corn flour, paprika, and brown sugar goes in..
- Season with salt and mix it well together..
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on medium low heat. It took me about 15mins for the noodles to cook through..
- Final step is to add the grated cheddar. I grated the block of cheese I had, if you buy it grated from the store that's ok too, but if you can grate it fresh its perfect..
- Mix it all up together so that the cheese melts and becomes part of the mince and the macaroni (SO GOOD!).
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately!.
Posting it here for safe keeping. Feel free to add more spices, green peppers, garlic, etc. The original recipe does not even call for salt and pepper and I always add more cheese. Add water, ketchup and onion powder; mix well. Brown beef in skillet, and drain.