Cheeseburger Soup. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. This is soup, not a cheeseburger and virtually every good soup starts with onions, celery & carrots (and garlic in my opinion). It is an award winning soup and it is excellent!
In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Kid-friendly, fun, and oh-so-easy, cheeseburger soup is going to become a weeknight staple at your house. You can have Cheeseburger Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of small carrots – diced to 1/4 in. pieces.
- Prepare 2 of medium Russet potatoes – diced to 1/4 in. pieces.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth or stock (may need up to 3 cups).
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of Velveeta – cubed.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of salt – to taste.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper – to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder (optional).
In a large pot, brown ground beef and onion. Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes. Looking for recipes for cheeseburger soup? Taste of Home has the best cheeseburger soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.
Cheeseburger Soup step by step
- In a 3quart pot over medium heat add ground beef salt, pepper and garlic powder(if desired). Crumble and cook brown beef until no longer pink. Drain using colander and set aside for later..
- In same pot melt butter, add carrots and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Add potatoes to the pot. Pour in chicken broth/stock to just barely cover veggies. Increase heat to med-high, bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, cook at a low boil for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender..
- When potatoes are tender, return beef to pot. Stir in milk and Velveeta cubes..
- Continue over medium heat until heated through and all Velveeta is melted, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. About 10 minutes. Do not allow to simmer or boil at this point, milk may curdle..
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream until fully incorporated, adjust seasoning to taste. Then simply eat and enjoy!.
A hearty dinner option that's popular with both kids and adults alike! This Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe has quickly become one of my all time favorite meals – it is simple, uses ingredients I often already have on. Season and brown meat to taste. Drain and put into a Dutch oven. Add onion, carrots, basil, parsley, broth, and potatoes.