Chipotle Turkey burgers. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate. Place the ground turkey, onion, cilantro, chipotle chile pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl; mix well. You should be happy too, because this burger is low fat, high protein, and max flavor.
Like when I make chipotle turkey burgers and steal the leftover turkey to make chipotle turkey tacos. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Yayyy for easy, healthy dinner recipes! You can have Chipotle Turkey burgers using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chipotle Turkey burgers
- Prepare of Patty ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of water or chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of beaten egg.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s of Chipotle Lime Sauce.
- You need 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- It’s of Zest and juice of one lime.
- You need of Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced avocado.
- You need of Buns and sliced cheese of your choice, I like pepper jack.
I love making turkey burgers and I love being able to switch up recipes with new spices. I used a chipotle seasoning that gave these chipotle turkey burgers the best flavor! Chipotle Turkey Burgers This recipe can be made with ground beef or chicken instead of turkey, but this is our take on eating a little healthier. If you can't find a chipotle in adobo sauce, feel free to just use a jalapeño and chop it up and add a little barbecue sauce to compensate for the lost adobo.
Chipotle Turkey burgers step by step
- Start by tossing Panko in the stock and olive oil. It won't be wet, but trust me it makes for a juicy burger..
- Combine patty ingredients and for into patties, chill for 15 minutes.
- For sauce, finely chop one chipotle pepper, stir into to sour cream or yogurt with 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce, cilantro, lime juice and zest. *adjust amounts to your heat and tangy preferences.
- Heat olive oil to in a large skillet, cooked patties 5-8 minutes a side until cooked through..
If you don't wish to grill them, the this turkey burger recipe can be made on the stovetop using a lightly oiled skillet over medium high heat, or under the broiler. The chipotle mayo in this baked turkey burgers recipe also uses a variation of chipotle chile peppers, but this time it's ground chipotle chile powder. Again, the difference between this and regular chili powder is the flavor and heat. In a large bowl, combine turkey, salt, pepper, garlic, chopped chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.