Easy Okara Burger. Add the ground pork, cooked carrots and onions, and salt and pepper. When done mixing, form round patties and use the palms of your hands to knock out the air pockets. In a large mixing bowl, combine okara, rolled oats, onions, garlic and sea salt.
Mix the okara, mushroom dust, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and white pepper together in a bowl. Add the hot water, soy sauce, worcestershire, and oil. In a separate bowl mash the rice & lentils together. You can have Easy Okara Burger using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Okara Burger
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (large).
- It’s 200 grams of Ground pork.
- You need 100 grams of Fresh okara.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Panko.
- Prepare 30 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 bunch of Shimeji mushrooms.
- You need 5 tbsp of Tonkatsu sauce (Japanese-style Worcestershire-style sauce or steak sauce).
- You need 4 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
The best part is that you don't have to drain any excess moisture from the okara like you do from tofu!! You can use any flavor of sauce you would like!! Recipe by Daikichi chan Okara is full of fiber though, so just one small sea burger is quite filling. Simply mix all the ingredients together.
Easy Okara Burger step by step
- Mince the carrot and onion. Sauté both until the onions are tender, and then season with salt and pepper. When finished, turn off the heat and let cool..
- Combine the egg, panko, and milk in a bowl..
- Add the okara and mix..
- Add the ground pork, cooked carrots and onions, and salt and pepper..
- When done mixing, form round patties and use the palms of your hands to knock out the air pockets..
- Heat oil in the frying pan and pan-fry 4 burgers at once..
- Once each one has browned, place on a plate. Use the same frying pan to make the sauce. Put in 10 g of butter and sauté the shimeji mushrooms..
- Once the shimeji have become tender, lower the heat to low and add the tonkatsu sauce, ketchup, and mirin. Pour the sauce over the burgers and they're done..
Miso is added for a salty, umami flavour and is enhanced by fresh garlic, onion powder, and minced scallions. So here's a dead simple recipe with tasty results, a thick burger made from okara. I really want to get some more okara recipes out there since it's such a nutritious thing to waste (for those who make their own soy milk, you can probably relate with the guilt felt when throwing yet another batch in the bin). See more ideas about Okara recipes, Okara, Recipes. This veggie burger recipe is both vegetarian and vegan but it has bread in the mix so it isn't gluten-free.