Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. In this Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwich, we simply replaced the standard red tomato with a generous helping of fried green tomatoes. My Tips on How to Make the Best Fried Green Tomatoes: Use the freshest green tomato you can find. Preferably straight out of the garden.
But any skillet will do for this. Add a little cayenne pepper for a little kick! Close the sandwich with a top slice, cut in half and serve. You can cook Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- Prepare 2 of large green tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- Prepare strips of Cooked bacon.
- Prepare of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- Prepare of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- You need of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- It’s of Dried chopped onion.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Black pepper (ground).
- It’s of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Optional Ingredients:.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare slices of Swiss cheese.
Substitute red with green tomatoes for a summer BLT with a citrusy kick. Spread remoulade on each cut side of toasted focaccia. Top each sandwich with remaining focaccia slices and serve immediately. What if the T in your BLT was a fried green tomato?
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders step by step
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
Fried green tomatoes sound good in theory, but in practice, the tomatoes themselves are often a letdown, with soggy, grainy, chewy breading and bland, steamy tomatoes.. Fried Green Tomato BLT Nick Melvin is an Atlanta based chef with some New Orleans twists up his sleeve when it comes to cooking, and his fried green Tomato BLT is no exception. Place buttermilk and flour mixture in shallow bowl. Dip tomatoes in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Serve tomatoes on Texas toast with mayonnaise, bacon and lettuce.