Homemade Hamburger Helper. Homemade Hamburger Helper is sooo much better than the boxed stuff! Made with wholesome ingredients and no scary science-sounding additives this is an easy one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Beef, pasta and a savory sauce all simmered together on the stove.
This is probably one of my kid's favorite meals. I mean they could eat this for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. One Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper is just like the classic favorite Cheeseburger Macaroni that we all know and love! You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 box of noodles.
- It’s 4 cup of Cheese.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
Ingredients in this homemade hamburger helper recipe. Pasta: I love cavatappi noodles, but really almost any small pasta would work. Elbow macaroni is another great choice. Ground beef: Or sub ground turkey, ground chicken, ground sausage, etc. to change up the flavor or make this a little healthier.
Homemade Hamburger Helper instructions
- Ground the beef, and start the noodles, you can use any kind of noodles..
- Drain the the beef and noodle water, in a mixing bowl, add the noodles first. Mix in the butter and seasoning and 2 cups of cheese ( mix cheese works great) and mix it good. Then add the ground beef to the mix and the other 2 cups of cheese. And mix well.. (if you like it cheesy add more cheese to it).
Milk; Hot water: If you want this dish extra savory, go ahead and heat up some beef broth in. This homemade Hamburger Helper uses real ingredients: macaroni, meat, milk, water, cheese and spices, THAT'S IT! It tastes fresh, comforting, cheesy, meaty, and filling, just like it should. And best of all it's just as quick as the boxed version. I use ground turkey in place of beef simply because we don't eat much red meat.