Homemade pizza hoagies. My husband and three sons love these crispy sandwiches filled with a moist pizza-flavored mixture. I often make them on a weekend and double the recipe. On week-nights when I'm busy or helping my son with homework, I pop the sandwiches in the oven and have a family-pleasing dinner on the table without a lot of effort. —Barbara Mery Bothell, Washington Sausage Pepper and Onion Pizza Hoagies If you love sausage, peppers and onions cooked Italian-style, you're going to love this cheesy, loaded hoagie with marinara and mozzarella cheese.
They're crazy-easy to put together and bake up just right! All my boys (big and small) like sandwiches, and balsamic beef is a welcome change from pulled barbecue chicken. We use leftovers in quesadillas, on pizza or with rice. You can cook Homemade pizza hoagies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade pizza hoagies
- Prepare of hamburger 80/20.
- It’s of egg.
- It’s of saltine crackers.
- It’s of italian seasonings.
- You need of onion salt.
- You need of garlic powder.
- It’s of hoagie buns.
- Prepare of pizza sauce.
- You need of smoked morazzelli.
- It’s of pepperoni.
You can find more family-friendly recipes at my blog, theseasonedmom.com. —Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, Virginia Heroes, Hoagies and Subs Recipes Looking for heroes, hoagies or submarine sandwich recipes? In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, garlic and parsley and mix with spatula until just combined. Cheesesteaks Burgers Sandwiches Hoagies & Wraps Salads Taco Salad Mexican Burritos Quesadillas Tacos Flautas Platters Chiquita's Kid Menu Breakfast (Served All Day). How to Make a Hoagie Roll *For detailed recipe instructions see the recipe card bottom of the post.
Homemade pizza hoagies instructions
- Add your seasonings, egg and crackers. Flatten out in a oblong shape to fit on hoagie buns. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes..
- Bake on a rack covered in foil. Bake on one side then flip. Bake the other side til its completely cooked. About 20 minutes. It depends on thickness. Next time I will make mine thinner. Like the ones you buy in the store like jtms..
- Saute the onions in a tps of bacon grease til it is a nice brown color..
- Once done put hoagie on a toasted bun with your choice of sauce. Mushroom, pizza sauce or any toppings you want..
- Serve with a side of fries or salad. Enjoy.
Dissolve the yeast with a pinch of sugar and let it sit until the mixture foams. Add flour, sugar, salt, warm water, and yeast to a stand mixer bowl. Mix well, then knead with a dough hook or by hand. Cooked salami, Capicola, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and oil/vinegar. Thinly sliced sirloin, cheese, fried onions.