Lighter Pepperoni Pizza. This delicious, hearty pizza is far from light-tasting, but nutritionally it soars above most other options in the deep-dish pizza category. We cook it in a cast-iron skillet to help give it a deep-dish pizza look and feel. For a crisp, not soggy crust, the key is to start the crust on the stove top, then top it, and transfer it to the oven.
Using a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet eliminates the need for using extra oil which keeps this recipe as light as possible. The box can be found in the cafeteria on the counter. A good tip is to look for Barney standing in the hallway. You can cook Lighter Pepperoni Pizza using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lighter Pepperoni Pizza
- It’s 1/2 cup of Ragu pizza sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of 2% Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 17 each of Hormel turkey pepperoni slices.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of Boboli whole wheat pizza crust.
Head to his left and the box will be down the hall. Due to the nature of our menu items, variations in vendor-supplied ingredients, and the use of shared cooking and preparation areas, we cannot assure you that our restaurant environment or any menu item will be. While pizza is cooking, bring a a small saucepan of balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Top with fresh arugula drizzle balsamic reduction over pizza just before serving.
Lighter Pepperoni Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place pizza crust (uncooked) on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Put pizza sauce on crust leaving about 1/2 inch border.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of pizza sauce.
- Take your 17 pepperonis and cut them into four pieces each (cross cut each pepperoni) and sprinkle them on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle italian seasoning and (optional) red pepper flakes on top of pepperonis and cheese.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until desired crunchiness! I like mine a little crunchy so I bake for 15 minutes.
- I also add pineapple to mine sometimes. I use pineapple chunks drained. About 1/2 cup and sliced smaller than chunks. You could use tidbits too..
Crusts and toppings so you can make your own at home. Personal Portobello Pizza, Blue Cheese, Walnut, and Pear Pizza, Campfire Pepperoni Pizza, Barbeque Chicken Grilled Pizza, Mediterranean Pesto Pizza A Middleburg Heights couple discovered the pepperoni on their pizza was arranged in a backward swastika. Pinch edges to seal; shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and pepperoni. Hormel Pepperoni: It's just not pizza without the fun and zesty flavor of HORMEL® Pepperoni!