Mackerel Hamburgers. I am drooling as typing these words. Today, I have a very SIMPLE, CHEAP, and DELICIOUS Mackerel Patties recipe to share with you. If you enjoy seafood, you definitely don't want to miss it.
When forming a patty, slap it with the palm of your hand so it won't break shape when cooking. In separate bowl, mix together bell peppers, bacon, Parmesan, parsley and cayenne pepper. Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the chopped spinach and lemon zest and flake in the mackerel. You can have Mackerel Hamburgers using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mackerel Hamburgers
- You need 4 of Mackerel fillets.
- Prepare 2 of shiso or perilla leaves, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of small piece fresh ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Lemon juice.
Once the onions are cool add these to the bowl and mix in the egg and the breadcrumbs. This playful fish burger recipe from Simon Hulstone pairs squid and mackerel and is a fantastic alternative for a British summer cookout. Simon advises serving the seafood burger with samphire, a coastal vegetable which adds a deliciously salty dimension reminiscent of the seaside. But a different approach is a crispy fish burger.
Mackerel Hamburgers step by step
- Flake the fish and mix with the egg. Add the shiso, egg, bread crumbs, ginger, salt and pepper. Knead together until well mixed..
- Form small hamburger patties, then slap with your palm to flatten and to release air pockets. Make a small impression in middle of the patties to help quicken the cooking time..
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the patties. Cover with lid and cook over a medium low heat. Once one side has cooked, flip over and lower the heat until finished..
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to taste..
A burger filled with smoked mackerel. The saltiness of mackerel mixed with creamy mashed potatoes, the bite of the parsley and a crispy crust. Recipe: Fish burger with smoked mackerel Squid and mackerel burger with sweet potato chips. by Simon Hulstone. Salmon burger with beetroot chutney, dill pickles and salad with sour cream dressing. by William Drabble. King Mackerel, is a strong flavored sport fish which pairs well with the zesty flavor of salsa.