Medium thick base pizza. This is a great receipe for a thick pizza base. I put too much water in, so had to add more flour. I completed two pizzas and they went into the oven.
A week later, I reheated it. And this is before we add toppings. For thick crust….it's the same recipe. You can have Medium thick base pizza using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Medium thick base pizza
- It’s of For the dough:.
- You need of Quater cup(regular mug) wholemeal flour(used bread flour here).
- It’s of and 3/4 plain white flour.
- You need of tablespoonsfull butter(about 30 grams).
- You need of tablespoonsfull cooking oil(For kneading at the end).
- It’s of Quater cup warm milk.
- It’s of Quater cup warm water.
- You need of dry good yeast.
- You need of About 3 tablespoons warm water (for the yeast proofing).
- Prepare of brown suger @ yeast proofing.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of For sauce:1 tomato can, plain paprika powder time,tomoto puree,.
- You need of For sauce:salt to taste,zaatar or some dried herbs,garlic.
- Prepare of tspn :Tumeric powder,Crushed black pepper, black seeds.
- It’s of For end sprinkles: half tsp black seeds, zaatar dried herb.
- It’s of For toppings:mild grated cheese,grilled sausage, bell pepper,.
- Prepare of (Optional)Another cheese type such as dairylea triangles.
- Prepare of Small handfull Sweet corn,fresh green chilli (optional).
- It’s of oil for brushing on the tray.
The crust is just rolled thicker and rises higher. Jay thank you so much for an EXCELLENT thick, pan type pizza crust, that was crisp on the outside and chewy/tender on the inside! The only personal perference additions I did were: I added Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder along with the salt/oil. Let everyone choose their own toppings.
Medium thick base pizza instructions
- Prep the dough: in a medium large dish,proof the yeast using only little warm water and yeast and 2 tbspn brown suger.let rise then add in semi melted butter, warm milk and water,salt.
- Then mix all together.then add the flours and mix until form a soft dough.at this point will be slightly sticky so add tablespoon of the cooking oil.then tidy up the dough ball by tucking into the centre.
- Now can cover with cling film and set aside to rise…if room temp is good for it then it will rise very qwick…after about 20 mins or so,of proofing you can mix again,add the remaining cooking oil esp if getting sticky and make ball again.let rise until well risen,you will tell when ready it forms the holes at the base and it is smoothly sticky on surface…can try tilting your dish and it is visible while moving slightly as needs to be a soft dough.
- Meanwhile make the sauce:put all ingredients in a medium size saucepan.and then heat up on cooker until tomatoes are cooked..do not add any water as the tomato can gas some enof liquids in it. Break down the tomatoes with wooden spoon,and remove any uncooked tomato piece.alternatively, sieve thru a metal wired sieve to get smoother sauce if prefer but this is unnecessary step if you don't mind bit textured sauce,(as this will not be very issue once added other toppings later etc).
- Now prep the clean metal trays, for the dough spreading,using a bit of oil brushed over all around.Divide dough into equal halves and start the spreading..Here make sure that the dough is evenly rolled out and about 4 mm thick.here is where the thickness of end result can be determined so take heed InshaAllah….
- Then now it's the patting and pulling gently the dough for rounding it..the chef @ work!!so that you can involve the children it's very fun insh aAllah.then bake without filling until half cooked and rhe base is about half way cooked.you can checknusing a flat cooking spatula if not sticking at bottom.it shudnt be soggy as well.take the tray out onto a surface and make some holes such way that you put it back briefly til surface is JUST more firm.
- .Because you are using half thevdiugh (you divided it after proofing),You USE HALF THE SAUCE.IF you are making 2 pizzas, you can use different toppings on each one,example you can make ONE VEGGY AND ONE VEGG AND SAUSAGE.
- Then now spread the prepared tomato spread,over the semi cooked pizza surface!again children's works here!!.esp the toppings when choosing theirs and they'd like doing it too..here used sweet corn bell peppers(paprikas),grilled sausage…
- Arrange the toppings that need arranging nicely,then can sprinkle on e.g. diced bell peppers,sweet corn or olives or chillies even spring onions if you like…also you can sprinkle black seed and more dried herbs of choice!.
- Now after this additions onto the pizza, add generous sprinkle of grated cheese.here also added some other cheeses combinations and options to make healthier such as calcium anf vitamin d…you can definatly do your researches here, and try use combinations that will work and produce results much as possible inshaAllah…..
- Now bake in oven high heat or maybe the top grill may work for this stage…then brown the cheese.once that is achieved you can check,inshaAllah.make sure base of pizza is NOT soggy other wise leave abit more just to attain good base as well as good surface!!!Alhamdulillah you have done it!.
If someone at your pizza party cannot eat dairy products, there's no need to skip the cheese. Be it thick or thin, a good crust starts with a slow-rising dough. Plan ahead by mixing dough in the morning and letting it rise, refrigerated, all day long. Detroit pizza is first topped with pepperoni, followed by brick cheese which is spread to the very edges of the pan, yielding a caramelized cheese perimeter. Sauce is then spooned over the pizza, an order similar to Chicago-style pizza.