Mexican Pizza. Mexican Pizzas are delicious corn tortillas topped with beans, beef and all the delicious taco toppings you can imagine! They can be cut into wedges and served as an appetizer or left whole and served as a main dish. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Crisp pizza shells, refried beans, and a layer of seasoned beef make the "crust," while pizza sauce, a three-cheese blend, and tomatoes make the topping, creating a delicious love child of Mexican and Italian cuisine. Flatten dough to fit the pan, sealing seams and perforations. Jimmy's specially seasoned ground beef, refried beans, salsa and cheese layered in a deep dish style. You can cook Mexican Pizza using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Pizza
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 1 cup of GF flour mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of masa.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of yeast.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of taco bell mild sauce.
- It’s of Toppings.
- You need of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s To taste of taco meat.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- You need of Plain yogurt.
- It’s of Anything else that sounds good!.
A tasty and easy Mexican-style pizza with a flour tortilla crust I whipped up because I had the stuff to make it!! Mexican Pizza is a copycat of the Taco Bell classic. Fried tortillas, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, and gooey, melted cheese! When my husband and I were stationed in England years ago, I often craved my favorite foods from the States.
Mexican Pizza step by step
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Bloom the yeast in the water with the sugar..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and work in the shortening. Using a manual pastry blender works great but a fork would work too..
- Stir the bloomed yeast into the dry ingredients and let stand for about half an hour. The dough will rise slightly but nothing like a traditional dough recipe..
- Spread the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet or large greased baking dish. I used a baking dish this time and it worked out good, but next time I'll use a baking sheet because it will be easier to cut the pizza when done..
- Par bake the crust for 8 minutes. If it still feels a little under done put it back in for another 5 minutes..
- Mix the tomato sauce and taco bell mild sauce together spread into an even layer across the whole crust..
- Cover edge to edge with your favorite taco meat..
- Cover with the cheddar and mozzarella then bake for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes if the cheese doesn't have any color move to the top rack and bake for another 2-3 minutes..
- Cut and cover with you favorite toppings..
If I couldn't get them in England, I would try to recreate. Spread with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Our Mexican Street Corn Pizza makes a fun and unexpected dinner, especially when you've got kids around the table. Elote, also known as Mexican street corn, is grilled corn on the cob slathered with an irresistibly salty-tangy mix of mayonnaise, sour cream, cotija cheese, lime juice, and chile powder. Order pizza, pasta, sandwiches & more online for carryout or delivery from Domino's.