Mushroom Swiss Burger Pie. This meal in a pie plate takes inspiration from the beloved Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie. Just like the original, it delivers on burger flavor in a big way, while actually using lower-calorie ground turkey instead of ground beef. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain. Arrange half of the cheese slices in the crust. These mushroom and Swiss cheese burgers use only a few fresh ingredients, including homemade sauteed mushrooms and onions. You can cook Mushroom Swiss Burger Pie using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Swiss Burger Pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of white button or cremini mushrooms – chopped.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need dash of garlic powder.
- You need dash of onion powder.
- You need pinch of dried thyme.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of 9in. frozen pie shell – thawed.
This acts as the sauce for the burger, and it is such an amazing combination of flavors! Add the cooked meat mixture to the mixing bowl and stir to combine. Transfer the egg mixture to a greased pie dish. Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese over the top.
Mushroom Swiss Burger Pie instructions
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, sprinkle with a little garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Crumble and brown ground beef until no pink remains adding mushrooms half way through cooking. Drain mixture in a small colander (do not rinse) set aside..
- In a medium bowl beat eggs with a wire wisk. Add soup and evaporated milk. Wisk to combine until no clumps remain (except mushroom chunks). Stir in Swiss cheese and cooked beef mixture..
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Place in oven. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden and center barely jiggles when you shake pie. Remove from oven. Let sit for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy!.
Assemble: bun bottom, sweet n spicy chopped pickles, lettuce, Swiss cheeseburger, creamy mushrooms and cap with top of bun. A very simple copycat recipe for a famous mushroom-Swiss burger has canned soup and mushrooms, processed Swiss-style cheese, and ground beef. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Combine cheese and mushroom mix and mix well. Great recipe – fantastic touch with the soy in the mushrooms.