My Noni's Homemade Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs. Spaghetti and meatballs or spaghetti with meatballs is an Italian-American dish consisting of spaghetti, tomato sauce and meatballs. Try out our other recipes: Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe https. My Noni's Homemade Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs I like to triple the sauce and double the meatballs for freezing or having meatball sub the next day.
That is how I grew up and I do not know any different. I never brown my meatballs first, just drop them in boiling sauce. My Mother put pork and sometimes sausage in her sauce. You can have My Noni's Homemade Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs using 22 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Noni's Homemade Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs
- You need 1 of SAUCE.
- Prepare 1 each of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery flakes.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste (small).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of accent (spice).
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 of MEATBALLS.
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 slice of bread.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
I enjoy your recipes and have made many, many of them. This is our family recipe for Spaghetti and Meatballs given to me by my Mother-in-law, who makes the best red sauce I've ever tasted, and I have been making it myself for over thirty years. The trick to this recipe, as in most Italian cooking is to use the best ingredients you can find. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
My Noni's Homemade Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs step by step
- SAUCE: In a pan pour enough oil to cover the bottom. Chop 1 onion and add to pan. Add garlic, parsley flakes, celery flakes and brown a few minutes. In a crock pot add tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, basil, chili powder, accent, Italian seasoning, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add onion mixture to sauce and cook on low all day..
- MEATBALLS: Place hamburger in a bowl. Wet bread and break into small pieces and add to hamburger. Add egg, parsley, garlic and onion. Mix together and shape into small balls. Add to sauce and let cook all day..
Mix together ground beef, ground pork, egg, panko bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Homemade Baked Italian Meatballs are some of the best you will ever try- they're moist and ultra flavorful! Such an easy meatball recipe that results in a perfectly tender meatball! Cooking them using my oven recipe, you'll simply just be rolling the meat mixture into small balls, or whatever size meatballs you like, then placing them on. Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan.