My pizza dough. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find.
Because pizza dough needs a certain amount of flour balanced by a certain amount of moisture, it is easy for outside factors to alter the recipe a little bit. If it is humid and raining, you might use less water in your dough. On the other hand, if it is dry and sunny, you may need more water to give the flour the moisture it needs.. You can have My pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My pizza dough
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of active dry or instant yeast.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of pizza sauce.
- You need of toppings of your choice..
That pizza made me determined to make my own pizza dough from then on. Needless to say this pizza dough was one of those recipes that was passed down for I can't tell you how many years. And trust me it is the best Pizza Dough. You can make it thin crust or thick crust whatever suits you, then you can top it with whatever fresh ingredients.
My pizza dough instructions
- This recipe makes 2 pizzas. Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups of warm water(not luke warm) water..
- In mixing bowl combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment) drizzle in the oil until combined with the flour..
- Pour the yeast/water mixture in mix til combined. I switched to my dough hook. Coat a separate bowl with a light drizzle of oil. Form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat the dough in the oil in the bowl..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in your fridge til you need it. Its best to make this dough 24 hrs in advance but best to make a few days in advance. In the picture this was the 3rd day..
- Once its been the fridge for 24 hrs or a couple of days, preheat oven 500 degrees. Drizzle baking sheet with oil use fingers to coat evenly. Remove half of the dough from the bowl. Stretch dough out to desired thickness and shape. Spoon pizza sauce to your desired amount of sauce you like. Add your choice of toppings. I used a few different white cheeses and pizza sauce. I also made a bbq chicken pizza. The baking time depends on what you shape it and the thickness. If thin then 13-15 minutes bake time. If thick then bake longer maybe 20 minutes or longer. Enjoy..
This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Pizza dough is made using flour, yeast, sugar, salt, warm water, and oil. First you mix these ingredients together, and then you knead the dough. This process is what makes dough sticky. Flour and yeast have glutens in them, and the reaction of the glutens is what makes the dough elastic and smooth.