Portabello Burger. These veggie burgers are easy, and make a great beef alternative that even a meat lover would enjoy. The mushrooms are marinated then grilled and topped with melted Swiss cheese, grilled red onion, tomatoes, spinach, and avocado – yum!! Get Portobello Burgers Recipe from Food Network.
Use an indoor grill pan like this one. Another stove option: Cook the mushrooms in a lightly oiled cast-iron or similar heavy-bottom skillet. Portobello Mushroom Burger in the Oven. You can cook Portabello Burger using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Portabello Burger
- Prepare of Portabello caps.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbs of butter (I used Country Crock).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s slices of Smoked cheddar.
- It’s of Spinach/Kale mix.
- You need of Mayo.
- It’s of Champagne dressing.
A good veggie burger doesn't have to be boring and this easy mushroom burger is anything but. The marinade on this will bring. While making your own veggie burger patties from-scratch can be complicated, these easy portobello mushroom burgers keep vegetable-forward grilling feeling simple. Meaty and rich in savory flavor, marinated and grilled portobello mushrooms make for the perfect vegetarian burgers.
Portabello Burger instructions
- Melted butter and garlic in fry pan. Cleaned mushroom cap and salt and peppered one side. Put in pan and left for a few minutes on med heat..
- Salt and pepper the up side. Flipped and left for a few more minutes. The cap should be soft when finished..
- In the meantime, I put mayo on the bun. Then placed the spinach/kale mix on the bottom. I drizzled the champagne dressing on the top bun and then placed it over the salad mix. I turned the heat off the mushroom cap and placed the cheese slice on top so that it would melt in the residual heat. When ready, I turned the top bun back over and placed the cap on the salad. I did put crispy onion bits on top, which I forgot to mention in the ingredients. You're done and ready to dig in!.
For this flavor-packed burger recipe, half of a roasted bell pepper is stirred into mayonnaise for a zesty sandwich. The gently wilted spinach will stay on the portobello mushroom burger better than raw spinach, which tends to. The key to a really delicious vegan or vegetarian portobello burger recipe is in the marinade! We'll brush the mushrooms with soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and spices. The mushrooms are basically sponges that will soak up al that flavor!