Simple Quinoa Burgers. Mix quinoa, eggs, yellow onion, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and sea salt in a bowl; add bread crumbs and stir. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
Cooked quinoa gets pulsed with cannellini beans, garlic, scallions, cilantro and plenty of flavorings in the food processor, and then peas and panko breadcrumbs (regular or gluten free) are stirred in. Even meat-lovers will crave this vegetarian burger: toasted pecans, mushrooms, Cheddar cheese, fresh herbs and red quinoa pack this recipe full of delicious flavor. Red quinoa gives the burgers the perfect color, but white quinoa is fine too. You can have Simple Quinoa Burgers using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Quinoa Burgers
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked (in chicken broth instead of water) quinoa.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped broccoli(i took some out of a bag of frozen broccoli).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
These quinoa veggie burger patties hold together well for freezing, making for a quick and easy meal. These Vegan Quinoa Burgers are packed with quinoa, beans, and oats for an incredibly quick and delicious take on homemade veggie burgers! The burgers keep in the refrigerator, so we ate these quinoa burgers for several days after we made them. These healthy, vegan quinoa burgers are baked to crispy perfection, easy to whip up and made with two types of quinoa for a protein-packed weeknight meal.
Simple Quinoa Burgers instructions
- combine all ingredients in bowl.
- form balls and lightly form them into patties (ours were medium to large).
- lightly coat a pan with olive oil and grill your patties til they're a golden brown or until they start to get dark marks (make sure you cook both sides).
- serve to your liking! I served mine on a tomato bun…would also be good as a lettuce wrap or like my husband says just on a hamburger bun. SO easy.
Put the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. Coat each burger in flour, then beaten egg and finally coat in breadcrumbs. These burgers get protein from quinoa and beans without falling short on flavor. In fact, they'll be your new weeknight staple and perfect for Meatless Mondays. Consider making a double batch so there's extra to freeze.