Spicy Island Bison Burgers. Great recipe for Spicy Island Bison Burgers. These fun bison burgers are a little off the beaten path, mixing jalapenos, cream cheese and pineapple all into the same meal with burgers! The result, however, was awesome and they were so much fun to make!
Kick up your next burger with jalapenos, onion and pepperjack cheese. The result, however, was awesome and they were so much fun to make! See more ideas about Bison burgers, Bison burger recipe, Bison meat. You can cook Spicy Island Bison Burgers using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Island Bison Burgers
- It’s 1 lb. of Ground Bison.
- It’s of seasoning.
- It’s 2 of pineapple rings.
- It’s 2 oz. of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of diced, pickled jalapenos.
- It’s 2 of Kings Hawaiian Burger Bunes.
Now, let's talk about the combination of ingredients that make up the absolute best bison burgers. Bison meat is very lean, so lean in fact that suet is usually added to the ground meat as a binding agent. Because the meat is so lean, I always add olive oil to my bison burgers. This time, however, I had a bowl of bacon grease on the counter from that.
Spicy Island Bison Burgers instructions
- Form your ground bison into 2 equal sized patties. Season with your favorite burger seasoning..
- Stir jalapenos into cream cheese. Set aside..
- Place burgers and pineapple rings onto hot grill (approx. 300*F). Cook for approximately 6 minutes. Flip burgers and pineapples..
- After approximately 4 more minutes, place a spoonful of cream cheese onto the top of each burger. Place pineapple rings on top. Close grill and allow to cook for 2 more minutes..
- Place burgers on burger buns and serve..
- You'll probably have lots of leftover pineapple rings… might I suggest an excuse to make: Pineapple Upside Down Cake!.
Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill fire. I'm calling it the "Spicy Island Bison Burger" — and it's quite a bit different from what I'm usually into making. For one, I don't generally go for pineapple. But for some reason, lately, I've really been feeling like grilled pineapple on a burger just might be a fun thing to try. The most satisfying burger on Mount Desert Island starts with a blend of all-natural beef cuts, muenster cheese, and a brioche bun that's sturdy and buttery.