Spinach Burger with pork and beans. See great recipes for Spinach Burger with pork and beans too! Tip: The greens in this recipe may be substituted with chopped kale, Swiss chard, or spinach. Add a squeeze of lemon to the greens and plenty of freshly chopped garlic.
Learn how to cook great Butterbean and spinach burgers. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Butterbean and spinach burgers recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Butterbean and spinach burgers recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. You can cook Spinach Burger with pork and beans using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Burger with pork and beans
- It’s 2 cup of water spinach,cleaned,steamed and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 large of Hunts pork and beans,baked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 medium of eggs,beaten.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic,finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder(optional).
- Prepare 3 large of buns,toasted on both sides.
- It’s 1 medium of tomato,sliced.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil,for frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Drain beans, discarding water; rinse with cool water. Stir in tomatoes, spinach and salt. Add the garlic and ¼ cup water. Just mix together some canned white beans (drained and rinsed, of course) with some frozen spinach (drained and thawed), onion, garlic, and breadcrumbs, along with some salt and pepper.
Spinach Burger with pork and beans step by step
- In a bowl,combine flour,eggs,onion,cayenne powder,garlic and spinach,Season with salt and pepper then give it all a good mix with a wooden spoon until combined then divide the mixture into 3 equal parts..
- Heat oil in a skillet, over medium heat, about 4 minutes..
- Scoop the mixture into the pan then flattening thin with the back of a spoon after placing in the skillet.(make flat burger shapes about 1/2 inch thick.).
- Cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browning.(Be patient..if you flip them too soon,they will fall apart.)Repeat with the remaining mixture..
- Stuff buns with burgers,tomatoes and pork and beans then top with cheddar cheese..
And the yogurt mixture is SO good. To serve: Warm through the fennel and the beans. Place some spinach on a plate and top with the sliced pork. Serve the beans around the pork and place a spoonful of fennel next to the pork. Pour over some of the reduced chicken stock.