Sweet and Savory Pork Chop Sliders. Top sliders with pork, coleslaw, and drizzle with spicy lime cream. Serve with grilled pineapple and lime wedges on the side, garnish with cilantro. One at a time, dip the pork chops in the egg to coat well all sides, then press into the Seasoning mixture on all sides.
Skinny isn't always a good thing. It's that easy: Today's pork is lean and clean and the trick to making a juicy chop is simple. If preferred, leftover or store-bought pulled pork can be used. You can have Sweet and Savory Pork Chop Sliders using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Savory Pork Chop Sliders
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 1 small of red leaf lettuce.
- Prepare 1 slice of apple.
- It’s 1 slice of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of strawberry jam.
- You need 1/2 dozen of slider buns.
- It’s 3 medium of pork chops.
Just be sure it has a nice, savory and/or spicy flavoring to contrast with the sweet rolls and cooked onions. I use sweet King's Hawaiian rolls in this recipe. Other slider rolls work just as well if you prefer a less sweet bread. Garnish with chopped green onions before serving.
Sweet and Savory Pork Chop Sliders instructions
- start off by getting your bbq ready. place your coals in a pyramid style lighting in several places. they should be a nice even gray/white when they are done. then spread them evenly around to make for a more even cook..
- place the grill back on top of the bbq and let it get nice and hot. you can oil the grill by putting a little vegetable oil on a small rag rolled up and held with tongs. DO NOT USE YOUR HANDS AND TOWEL ONLY! tongs will keep you safe :-).
- season your pork and place on grill. (it is a good idea to wave your hand slowly a few inches above the grill to feel for hot/cold spots) it may take awhile for the pork to be done. make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 155°f (FDA has approved 145°f if allowed to set for 3 minutes before eating).
- while the pork is getting cooked step back into the kitchen and prep the veggies. first cut and wash the lettuce, then onion, and apple.place your cut apple in ice cold water with a little lemon juice in an air tight container(to keep it from browning). then place all veggies back in fridge until the pork is cooked..
- once your pork is cooked slice each chop in half to fit the slider buns. then dress each bun with strawberry jam (top and bottom) lettuce (top and bottom) place your pork down on the bun then add onion and apple. now enjoy with your favorite side. each pork chop should yield 2 sliders..
- if you want a more even shaped slider try using ground pork and adding chopped apple to it before it's cooked. 🙂 enjoy. sorry for not posting more or being quick to answer your questions. life has been a little hectic for me lately. hope you like them. I know I sure did. oh and thank you to all who reviewed/comment on my last recipe. any and all feed back is good..
In a large resealable plastic bag; combine the first four ingredients; add pork chops, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over chops. Mmm, the sweet surprise of fruit complementing tender, savory meat. These meaty recipes marry sweet plums, peaches, nectarines, and apricots with savory pork and chicken. Season pork chops with salt and sprinkle evenly with ½ tsp. sugar.