Basil vege burgers 🌱🍔. More healthy vegetarian recipes to try: Ultimate Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Tahini Garlic Sauce. Vegan Curry-Spiced Sweet Potato & Wild Rice Burgers. Street Corn Pasta Salad with Cilantro Pesto & Goat Cheese.
Check out our extensive burger toppings list for inspiration (there are plenty of vegetarian options in there!). Pro tip: Sarah recommends topping this burger with a flavored aioli like garlic peppercorn. Place beans in a large mixing bowl. You can have Basil vege burgers 🌱🍔 using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basil vege burgers 🌱🍔
- Prepare 1 cup of Chickpeas.
- You need 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Freah basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Grated pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Couscous (to garnish, optional).
- Prepare of Green paprika (to garnish, optional).
- Prepare of Cherry tomatoes or other veggies (to garnish, optional).
- It’s of Garlic sauce or greek yogurt (to garnish, optional).
Here are the results from our taste test of the first category: vegetable-based, or "garden-style," veggie burgers. Veggie burgers are, for many, the go-to low-fat option for dinner in a snap. The frozen-food aisle is packed with different varieties made from chickpeas, black beans, soy, and quinoa. Heaps of spices, minced chipotle peppers, and a generous pour of barbecue sauce send these burgers into blissed-out barbecue territory.
Basil vege burgers 🌱🍔 step by step
- Mash thee chickpeas with a fork..
- Grate the zucchini and the carrot. Place them in a cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible..
- Beat the eggs..
- Stir all ingredients together with a spatula..
- Scoop 2 tbsp of the mixture onto your hands and then cook it on olive oil in a pan for a couple of minutes until golden brown on both sides..
- Boil some water and prepare the couscous by leaving it in a bowl (with the already boiled water) for about 10 minutes, unless the package instructs otherwise..
- Serve the burgers and couscous with garnish. I used green paprika cooked in olive oil, cherry tomatos and garlic sauce. Greek yogurt would be a good option too..
- Good appetite!.
To make the pesto, put basil, cheese, garlic cloves, nuts, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Turn on high and slowly add olive oil until it becomes thick. To make the burgers, in a medium sized bowl combine the hamburger, pesto, salt, pepper and garlic powder until it is well incorporated. Colorings and Additives: Some veggie burgers have lots of added colorings, flavorings, preservatives, and fillers, so compare the ingredient list among brands. This veggie burger recipe is both vegetarian and vegan but it has bread in the mix so it isn't gluten-free.