Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with the onions and garlic, then drain the grease. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with the onions and garlic, then drain the grease. We love easy pasta recipes, especially as summer ends including this Baked Million Dollar Spaghetti , Ultimate Meat Lasagna and Ricotta Stuffed Shells.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet, and let drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings, and wipe skillet with a paper towel. You can have Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet
- You need 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 t of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 t of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1/2 C of beef stock.
- It’s 1 C of dried ziti.
- You need 1.5 C of marinara.
- You need 14.5 oz of diced tomatoes; strained.
- You need 1.25 C of water.
- It’s 1 C of cheddar; shredded.
- It’s 1/2 C of mozzarella; shredded.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
In skillet, cook ground chuck and onion over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly. Wipe the skillet with a clean paper towel to absorb any grease. Return the meat to the skillet and add the pasta sauce, water, and ziti. Stir in pasta sauce and tomato paste until combined.
Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet step by step
- Allow beef to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour. (Room temp proteins caramelize better…the secret to a great steak!).
- Season beef with onion powder, dried oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper..
- Heat a large, tall skillet and sear beef and onions until completely browned. Add garlic during last 30 seconds. Drain excessive fat..
- Add beef stock. Scrape up any brown bits on the bottom. Reduce until absorbed, about 1 minute..
- Add marinara, diced tomatoes, ziti, and pasta. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium..
- Cook approximately 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is tender..
- Stir in cheeses. Alternatively, sprinkle cheese atop and brown cheese in the broiler for approximately 30 seconds..
- Variations; Ketchup, liquid smoke, roasted garlic, bell peppers, shallots, red onions, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, dried onion soup mix, applewood seasoning, parsley, other pasta noodles, demi glace, crushed tomatoes, pasta sauce, red wine, vegetable stock, pizza cheese blend, provolone, fontina, mozzarella pearls, goat cheese, cream cheese, parmesan, pepperjack, eggplant, zucchini, jalapeno, swiss, rosemary, fresh oregano, herbes de provence, basil, pecorino,.
- Parmigiano reggiano, ricotta, heavy cream, red wine vinegar, arugula, crushed pepper flakes, chives, fennel, spinach, mushrooms, paprika, scallions, saffron, sugar, balsamic, sherry,.
This skillet pasta is easy, full of delicious baked ziti flavors and totally kid friendly. Get dinner on the table with Food Network's best recipes, videos, cooking tips and meal ideas from top chefs, shows and experts. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard and pepper until blended. In a large pot over a medium-high heat, add ground beef, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Skillet Ziti with Ground Beef and Spinach.