Crockpot Calico Beans. This recipe for Crock-Pot Calico Beans is the perfect side to make for your next BBQ or cookout. The beans are sweet (but not TOO sweet), savory & yum! Ground beef, bacon, a variety of beans are simmered away for hours in this sweet and savory recipe!
This recipe came from a friends sister. Very forgiving recipe can easily adjust amounts to suit your tastes. I usually assemble ahead of time and refrigerate overnight before putting in the crock-pot. You can have Crockpot Calico Beans using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Calico Beans
- Prepare 1 lb. of hamburger.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cans of pork and beans.
- Prepare 1 can of great northern beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of pinto beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare 10-12 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar.
- Prepare of Few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- It’s of Seasonings of choice:.
- It’s of pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin.
I have also made ahead of time and put in the freezer for DH to take as part of a hunting camp meal. Crockpot Calico Beans are a fabulous way to cook up the classic ground beef and beans dish! Now you can cook up calico beans all day, low and slow and have a delicious dinner when you get home from work! Slow Cooker Calico Beans are Easy to Make & Delicious!
Crockpot Calico Beans step by step
- Brown hamburger along with onions and seasonings of choice in skillet until thoroughly cooked; drain..
- Open and drain cans of beans with exception of pork and beans..
- Place cooked hamburger in crockpot..
- Add beans..
- Add cooked, crumbled bacon..
- Add ketchup and brown sugar..
- Mix well to combine. Cook in crockpot for 4 hours on low..
- 30 minutes before serving, add in white vinegar and hot sauce (as many dashes as you like). I did about 6 shakes..
- Enjoy along with some cornbread if your budget allows! Cornbread is another fantastic cheap side!.
Calico beans are the kind of dish that your slow cooker is made for! Pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, and lima beans mix it up with browned ground beef and bacon in a sweet and tangy sauce for a crowd-pleasing one-dish meal. How to make Calico Beans in the Slow Cooker: These pictures for crockpot Calico Beans are especially for the visual learners out there—for exact amounts and details, mosey down to the recipe card below. This recipe starts on the stovetop. Grab a large skillet and cook the bacon and the ground beef over medium-high heat.