Easy Shepherds Pie. Cover with at least an inch of cold water. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy!
This is a great recipe thats easy to prepare with not many ingredients. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. You can cook Easy Shepherds Pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherds Pie
- You need 2 lb of lean hamburger.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of low fat milk.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning or a similar steak and chop seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 3/4 packages of frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen mixed veggies(small bag).
- It’s 1 box of Butter and Herb flavor instant potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
For more information, read my disclosure policy here. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the gravy, vegetables and onion. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes.
Easy Shepherds Pie instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- brown hamburger with chopped onion, drain any grease.
- microwave frozen hashbrowns (use frozen veggie setting add a little water).
- microwave frozen veggies.
- microwave instant potatoes (make sure to double butter/milk/ water since both packets are being made).
- in a large bowl mix together soup and milk, then add salt, pepper, worcestershire and steak seasoning.
- add meat, veggies, and cubed hasbrowns to soup mixture. Mix well.
- In a large GREASED caserole dish (4 liter or larger) pour mixture and spread evenly.
- pour and spread instant potatoes over meat mixture.
- spread cheddar cheese ontop.
- bake uncovered at 350 for 30 min.
This is a hearty English meal, made with lamb mince, hence the name! Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name).