eggplant pizza's. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Place the eggplant slices in the skillet to cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned. Drain the eggplant slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
Arrange eggplant rounds on a baking sheet;lightly coat with olive oil. Flip the eggplant rounds; top with Parmesan cheese in an even layer to cover. There's no need to mourn the loss of pizza after transitioning to a low-carb diet! You can have eggplant pizza's using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of eggplant pizza's
- You need of eggplant.
- Prepare of oregano.
- It’s of diced tomato.
- It’s of italian herbs.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of chopped onion.
- It’s of roasted red pepper flakes.
- It’s of shredded mozerella cheese.
- Prepare of parm. cheese.
- You need of fresh basil leaves chopped.
- Prepare of drizzle of olive oil.
There are plenty of tasty alternatives. I have several low carb pizzas on this blog, including a few with a vegetable base such as cauliflower pizza crust and zucchini pizza. But this recipe is one of my favorites, simply because I love eggplant and find its flavor and texture especially pleasing. This eggplant pizza is a perfect gluten-free pizza option!
eggplant pizza's instructions
- preheat oven to 375°F..
- slice eggplants about 1/3 inch thick. place on paper towels and salt to release moisture..
- in a sauce pan add chopped garlic, chopped onion and a drizzle of olive oil. saute until translucent. add can of diced tomatoes and seasonings. simmer for 25 min.add a few tblsp of water if sauce gets dry..
- meanwhile wipe salt from eggplant and transfer to baking tray. wipe with olive oil and an extra dash of Italian seasoning. cook in preheated oven for 25 min. (you want them roasted but not mushy)..
- Top eggplant with sauce, basil then sprinkle with mozzarella and parm cheeses. broil for 5 to 7 min or until slightly browned and cheese has melted..
- Enjoy!! :).
It's difficult to find a great gluten-free pizza dough, and nice to have a different option for gluten-free and keto diets. Of course, we like this pizza in its own right: so it works for people of all diets. Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. Grill either side on a hot grill or grill pan (or broil in the oven on medium on both sides) until grill marks appear and surface is. For his pizza, Geoffrey Selling broils the eggplant instead of frying it in a lot of oil to lower the fat.