Hamburger steak. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy.
You'll find the printable recipe at the bottom of the instructions. It's an old favorite, southern style, comfort food. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. You can have Hamburger steak using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger steak
- You need 1 lb of sirlion hambuger meat.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper cubed.
- You need 1/2 of onion cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions to pan and Saute. Remove patties and onions from pan. Put the pan back on the heat and add the sliced onions.
Hamburger steak instructions
- Mix sauce, salt/pepper/ minced garlic and garlic powder with meat. Shape into thin steak like patties. Sautee in 2 tbsp of butter.
- Cook patties on both sides til brown, but not all the way done. Remove and set aside..
- Sautee onions, peppers and mushrooms in the same pan til translucent. Add flour to veggies and 1 tbsp of butter. Cook until flour browns a bit. Add water and scrape up the bits in the bottom of the pan. Once gravy thickens, add steaks back into gravy..
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a glass of wine!.
The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish! Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like hamburger steak and gravy! I grew up eating this meal alongside mashed potatoes or rice, sweet peas, dinner rolls, and ice cold sweet tea. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, crackers, milk, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.