Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style. Add the whole thing but don't use the water that's. Homemade Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco is a quick & easy healthier copy cat version. We used to be long time fans of Hamburger Helper; quick, simple, throw together meal for busy weeknight afternoons.
It comes together quickly and can be adaptable for whatever you want to add to it (diced peppers, beans, diced green chilis, etc.). Brown ground beef with shallot in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain then return to the skillet. You can have Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of unsalted beef or chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Tortilla chips or Fritos, for serving.
Add taco seasoning, salsa, and chicken broth then bring to a boil. About Homemade crunchy taco Hamburger Helper. Other Tags: Quick & Easy For Kids Healthy. Hashtags: #rice #hamburger #meat #taco #taco-seasoning #salsa.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style step by step
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Then add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat, if needed. Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the garlic and salsa..
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, stir in the rice and broth, then let it come to a boil. Once at a boil, pop the lid on and lower the heat to med-low. Let this cook, undisturbed, for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has absorbed. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir the cheese in until it has melted into the dish. Serve with some crushed tortilla chips or some crushed Fritos on top, along with whatever other toppings sound good..
Taco Spinach Burgers with Homemade Picante Sauce. Loaded Crunchy Taco Hamburger Helper Recipe is a quick and easy family meal that provides a great value. A few healthy add-ins stretch the dollar even more. Keep on reading to learn more about the great value that Helper provides! You can feed your family with one box and one pound of ground beef!