Homemade Pizza Pita. Make the tomato sauce: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too.
I adore anything with Spinach and Kalamative olives. To make a Greek mini pizza, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on a pita. Top with fresh spinach, roasted peppers, mozzarella and feta cheese and sliced kalamative olives. You can cook Homemade Pizza Pita using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza Pita
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Ham, hotdogs, green bell pepper, cheese, ketchup tomatoes and mushroom for toppings.
- You need of Ground beef.
Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. It can be made with or without an interior pocket. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Spread pasta sauce evenly over both pitas.
Homemade Pizza Pita step by step
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together then pour in the warm water.
- Fold and knead then let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead and roll the pizza dough for 15 minutes. Then form it into a flat circle then put it in a hot pan. 3 minutes cooking for each sides..
- Add the ketchup and your choices of toppings. Made one vegetarian and meat lovers..
- Put in oven for about 10 minutes to cook to make the crust crispy! Serve!.
Sprinkle with onion, green pepper and ham. Tandoori Spiced Chicken Pita Pizza with Greek Yogurt and Cilantro. My family and I are big picnickers, and I'm always looking for new dishes to try in the great outdoors. The amazing flavors at our favorite Indian restaurant inspired these mini pizzas. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida. Homemade Pita Bread is easy to make and is better than store bought!