Keto Friendly Beetroot Pizza. Keto Friendly Beetroot Pizza step by step. Beetroot is a below ground veggie rich in numerous benefits but are beetroots keto diet friendly? My best friend and I have decided to cut down on the number of carbs we eat and we thought the best diet option is the keto diet.
The pizza is topped with protein-rich foods -ham and mushrooms. And, it is rounded off with a smattering of basil leaves that levels up the nutritional quotient of the pizza. Keto dieters will be pleased to know that beets contain a moderate amount of carbs. You can cook Keto Friendly Beetroot Pizza using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Keto Friendly Beetroot Pizza
- You need of For the Beetroot Base.
- It’s 2 of large beetroot,scrubbed.
- You need 1/2 cup (65 g) of ground flax seed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of virgin olive oil.
- You need of For the toppings:.
- You need 2 of large zucchini slices.
- Prepare 1 of medium eggplant.
- It’s 1 cup of mushroom.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 4 1/2 oz of feta cheese(i used cheddar cheese).
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
You can incorporate a few of them along with the leaves and stems (beet greens) into your dishes and still remain within your. Yes, the crust is gluten free BUT the keto pizza is prepared in the same area as our regular crust pizzas. Perhaps the easiest way to stay on Keto at Pizza Hut is to just order the same pizza you normally would, and then just eat the toppings and sauce. Obviously the total net carb, fat, and protein count for this method would vary greatly from pizza to pizza, and also requires some caution, because some toppings are much more keto-friendly than others.
Keto Friendly Beetroot Pizza instructions
- For the bases,preheat the oven to 200C,400F in ovenproof dish roast the beetroot until tender.about 60 minutes. (I usually try to avoid to using aluminum foil,unfortunately i did used the wrap this time/next time i will peel and steam them.).
- After they are done and cool enough to handle dice and puree with the flaxseed,sesame seeds,baking powder,salt and egg and olive oil in a food processor..
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper,Spoon four of the beetroot mound mixture onto trays,well space apart. smooth out into thick rounds with the back of a table spoon.Bake for 30 minutes and turned them over cook 10 more minutes.Remove from the oven..
- For the topping:slice eggplants into discs,salt them and wait about 30 minutes,with a paper towel wipe them out. slice zucchinis, mushrooms, preheat the grill to high,toss veggies,with olive oil,garlic powder,black pepper,and salt to taste,spread out on a grilling tray 8 minutes or so..
- Remove from the grill and arrange on top of the beetroot bases.top with cheese.if you want slice some parsley sprinkle on them..
Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Access keto meal plans and articles. Margarita: You can't go wrong with a simple margarita pizza. Top your crust with low carb (sugar-free) pizza sauce (aka marinara/spaghetti sauce) and shredded mozzarella cheese.