Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner. It was Throwback Thursday between us Chefs and I decided to make one of my step mothers crazy stupid easy delicious meals from my youth. I made my meatloaf the night prior, chilled it and yanked the rest of my ingredients from the pantry just prior to baking. At any rate, thank you for sharing your meatloaf recipe.
Next time, try using homemade breadcrumbs. Meatloaf is a dish of ground meat that has been mixed with other ingredients and formed into the shape of a loaf, then baked or smoked. The final shape is either hand-formed on a baking tray or pan-formed by cooking it in a loaf pan. You can cook Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner
- Prepare of ● For The Meatloaf Mixture.
- You need 1 Pound of Fresh Lean Ground Pork.
- It’s 1 Pound of 80/20 Fresh Ground Hamburger.
- It’s 2 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- Prepare 2 of LG Egglands Best Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Au Jus Extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Better Than Bouillon.
- You need 1 Package of McCormick Meatloaf Seasoning.
- You need of ● For The EZ Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Trays Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes [the best brand out there].
- Prepare 2 Jars of Heinz Homestyle Brown Gravy.
- It’s of ● For The EZ Sweet Corn.
- You need 2 Cans of Del Monte Sweet Corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- It’s 1/8 Cup of Sweet Salted Butter.
- It’s of ● For The Options.
- Prepare of Thick Sliced Garlic Bread.
- It’s of Side Salads.
It is usually made with ground beef, although ground lamb, pork, veal, venison, poultry and seafood are also used, sometimes in combination. All food items marked * are cooked to order. Consuming raw or undercooked meat, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase risk of foodborne illness. Meat loaf is a tough sell in any case scenario.
Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner instructions
- Mix everything together well. Pack meat in a translucent pan tightly. No air gaps. Create wells to the sides just in case any fat wants to boil over. Dash top with black pepper, garlic and onion powder..
- Bake meatloaf at 350° for 1.5 hours. Allow meatloaf to stand for 5 minutes prior to serving. Top with hot gravy..
- Au Jus extract pictured..
- Season and heat your corn..
- Heat your gravy as well. Back in the day, our mothers used packet gravy. I would not recommend it unless you really like a heavy salt content..
- Heat your mashed potatoes. Man oh man is this a good brand! You'll want this! No mess – no fuss!.
- Garlic bread pictured. Just oven heat as per manufacturer's directions..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve piping hot. Enjoy!.
Freeze it and serve it alongside colorless green beens and a chocolate nut brownie, though, and you've got. It was a very dark time. by Sophie Gadd. On the menu, was Ditka's favorite entree…the Coach's Stack. It was meat loaf and mashed potatoes on top of cornbread with BBQ sauce and onion rings on top. My dad ordered it and was in heaven.