Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides. Great recipe for Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides. For those of you in the know, I recently asked my wife to pick me up a three pound Prime Rib for my students. Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides.
A great prime rib roast is a thing of beauty, and by grilling it—whether on gas or charcoal—you add a little smoke and a lot of flavors. Great recipe for Mike's Garlic Toasted Prime Rib Sandwiches. While this recipe may take some time on your part to make, all of your efforts willl be so appreciated! You can cook Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides using 32 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides
- Prepare of ● For The Prime Rib, Chuck Or Rump Roast.
- You need 4 Pounds of Beef Roast Of Choice [5 pounds if bone in].
- Prepare as needed of Garlic Olive Oil.
- Prepare of ● For The Beef Roast Dry Rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Course Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Dried Thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Dried Oregano.
- You need of ● For The BBQ Sauce Base Sauté.
- It’s 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- You need 1 of LG Jalapeño [chopped].
- You need 5 of LG Cloves Fresh Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil.
- It’s of ● For The Homemade BBQ Sauce [or use 17 ozs your favorite sauce].
- It’s of Or, See Step #9 For An Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce.
- It’s of ● For The Breads/Buns [slider buns work great as well].
- Prepare as needed of Your Choice Of Fresh Thick Rolls.
- It’s as needed of Butter Or Garlic Herb Butter.
- It’s of ● For The Toppings & Sides.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Thin Sliced White Onions [topping].
- It’s as needed of Fresh Thin Sliced Red Onions [topping].
- Prepare as needed of Dill Pickle Slices [topping].
- It’s as needed of Sliced Jalapeños [topping].
- You need as needed of Chilled Cole Slaw [topping or side].
- It’s as needed of Seasoned Corn On The Cob [side].
- Prepare as needed of Bourbon Baked Beans [side].
- You need as needed of BBQ Baked Beans [side].
I promise you, this oversized, flavorful, extra juicy, hot, melty cheesy meat filled, sautéd sandwich on. Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides instructions. Rinse your roast and pat dry. Coat roast with olive oil and press dry rub tightly on roast.
Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides step by step
- Rinse your roast and pat dry..
- Mix your dry rub well..
- Coat roast with olive oil and press dry rub tightly on roast. Top, bottom and sides. Use all..
- Roast at 400° on a lifted rack for the first 15 minutes. Then, reduce temperature to 325° for 25 minutes per pound uncovered. Know that if you feel your meat is too rare, you can always tighten it up during your BBQ Sauce simmer..
- Allow roast to sit for 5 minutes on counter. Then, cut your roast in large thin slices. Trim all fat and discard..
- Fine slice meat in thin manageable strips..
- Sauté your garlic, onions and pepper in olive oil until translucent. About 7 minutes. Be careful not to burn your garlic..
- Make your BBQ sauce or, use your favorite sauce. Sweet Baby Rays is one of the better ones out there on the market IMHO..
- HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE RECIPE 1-1/2 cups quality ketchup – 1/4 cup packed brown sugar – 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce – 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsp dried mustard – 1 tsp liquid smoke – 1/2 tsp salt – 1 tsp granulated garlic powder – 1 tsp granulated onion powder- 1 tsp course ground black pepper. Double if needed. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add BBQ Sauce to your sauté. Simmer for 10 minutes covered. Stir occasionally..
- Add your thin sliced beef to BBQ Sauce and simmer for.20 minutes uncovered to thicken stirring occasionally..
- Pick your choice of fresh rolls but make certain they're sturdy enough to stand up to your heavy meats, sauce and toppings..
- Coat your bread with butter or, garlic herb butter. Toast or grill for 3 to 5 minutes at 325° or, until crispy..
- See my recipe under, "Mike's Bourbon Baked Beans." Or, "Mike's BBQ Baked Beans," if interested..
- See my recipe under "Mike's 5 Way Corn On The Cob," if interested..
- See my recipe under, "Mike's Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw," if interested..
- Or, "Mike's Chilly Summer Cole Slaw," if interested.
- Enjoy with stout or ice cold lager beer!.
I ordered the brisket and the wife had the ribs. We shared both so we could try it all. Oh and we tried the hot sausage links and pork rinds. This may also sell successfully in convenience stores or concession stands. If you're looking for BBQ or Barbecue — Mike's Smokehouse restaurant has got you covered.