Mike's Green Chili Tacos. Green Chile Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe. I sure do love to use my crock pot. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and green chiles.
Expert Tips Great recipe for Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, bay leaf and tomato. At least for now we can make these green chile pulled pork tacos at home. You can have Mike's Green Chili Tacos using 34 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chili Tacos
- Prepare of ● For The Chilled Vegetables [chopped – as needed].
- You need of Habenero Peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded Cabbage.
- You need of Shredded Lettuce.
- Prepare of Chopped EX Firm Beefeater Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Sliced Radishes.
- Prepare of Chopped White Vidalia Onions.
- You need Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare of Chopped Red Onions.
- You need of Halved Black Olives [drained].
- It’s dash of Ground Cumin.
- It’s of Lime Wedges [quartered].
- It’s of ● For The Meats.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of 90/10 Hamburger Meat [no need to drain meat].
- You need 1 Pound of Diced Pork Shoulder [optional].
- You need as needed of Beef Broth [for steaming meat & dissolving seasoning].
- It’s 3 of Smashed Fine Minced Garlic Cloves.
- You need 2 (4 oz) of Cans Green Chili [or 8 oz fresh hatch green chilies].
- Prepare 1 Dash of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 Dash of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Deyderated Onions.
- It’s 1 1/2 Packets of El Paso Taco Seasoning [you may not need all].
- It’s of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Jalapeno Peppers.
- It’s of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare of Green Salsa.
- Prepare of Red Salsa.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Fresh Chives.
- Prepare of Sliced Avacados.
- It’s of ● For The Carbs [as needed].
- It’s 6 of " Flour Tortillas.
- It’s 6 of " Corn Tortillas.
- Prepare of Hard Taco Shells.
These are so easy to have ready for dinner after a busy day at work. You just need to make a batch of Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork the day before, or you can put the tenderloin in your crock pot that morning. Recipe for Green Chile Chicken Tacos. I hope you give this easy peasy green chile chicken taco recipe and try.
Mike's Green Chili Tacos step by step
- Chop all vegetables and sprinkle with a dash of Ground Cumin and fresh Ground Black Pepper. Authors Side Note: The red and green salsa pictured were made by a 104 year old Hispanic woman in Chihuahua City, Mexico who literally won't cough up her secret recipes. Yup. It appears she's taking this one to the grave. Stingy ole' bag! But still, delicious!.
- Optional ingredient: Rinse your pork shoulder and pat dry..
- Fine dice your pork shoulder if opting..
- Chop up your hamburger meat and add your green chilies, cumin, seasoning packet and beef broth. Simmer meat until browned and fully moist and cooked. No need to drain meat if using 90/10 grade..
- De-seed and dice your fresh green chilies. Or, add your canned green chilies to your hamburger and pork meat. Also, add a dash of Ground Cumin again to the mix!.
- You'll definitely need beef broth to thin your taco seasoning packet. Then, whisk! whisk! whisk!.
- If adding pork cubes – add 1 1/2 packets of taco seasoning. If not, just one packet is needed. Old El Passo is a great OTC brand!.
- Enjoy your tacos with ice cold Mexican beers in ice cold frosty mugs!.
And if you do, please come back and give the the recipe a star rating and leave a message about your experience with the recipe. And if you're looking for more taco recipes, don't miss my Taco Category. I buy low sodium because the sauce and taco mix already have enough. From another recipe I used half a chopped onion to line the bottom placed the roast on top and added the enchilada sauce and a can of green chili's broth and topped with cilantro. This made some wonderful meat to be used in burritos taco enchilada's or just over rice and beans.