Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck. Add onion soup mix, pepper, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, onion, celery, carrots, tomato sauce, and soy sauce to the slow cooker. Add as much beef broth as you like. If you do not have homemade beef stock (made with bones over a day or two), this soup will still be good, although I recommend making it with low sodium chicken stock.
It just feels good to eat it. My kids loved every single bite of this. (And so did their mom, by the way.) Recipe Notes. Fry ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet until onions become clear and beef is browned. You can cook Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 packet of onion soup mix.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of basil.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 8 oz can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need of Beef broth or water and beef bullion.
- Prepare 1 cup of macaroni noodles (or whatever pasta you prefer, no one is here to judge).
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
Add tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Mommy Hates Cooking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. This cabbage roll soup is so hearty and filling and it's just what the doctor ordered on a cold day. Also, it's pretty darn cheap and it really is flavorful!
Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck instructions
- Put meat in slow cooker. I like to brown the meat first so it is already separated and the grease content is low..
- Add onion soup mix, pepper, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, onion, celery, carrots, tomato sauce, and soy sauce to the slow cooker..
- Add as much beef broth as you like. Or, if you are like me and prefer to add water and bullion cubes make sure you add one cube per 1 – 1 1/2 cups of water. The amount of broth depends on what you like. Because the pasta (see below step) absorbs so much, I would say to put at least 5 or 6 cups of broth in. If you dont like a lot of broth, put in less. There is no legal statute dictating how much to put in. Gotta love America..
- Cook for no less than 4 hours to get the flavors to swirl around. Plus, don't you love the intoxicating aroma of soup filling the halls of your house? Any longer than 8 hours, even on low setting, can dry the meat out, especially if you substitute with ground turkey..
- 15 to 20 minutes prior to serving, add the macaroni. I like the whole wheat kind. It gives me the illusion that I am somehow being healthier. If you like science, watch the broth levels lower while the mass of the noodles increase..
- Serve with parmesan cheese on top. It gives the soup that extra something special..
- Photos are forthcoming once I make this again. DISCLAIMER: if you like soup that sucks, this one is not for you. If you like soup that doesn't suck, then you my friend are in for a treat!.
How to make cabbage roll soup: To start, you'll want to brown some ground beef. Break that up and add in some onion and garlic. You can't make soup without onion and garlic. The best part about this soup – well, other than it tastes freakin' amazing – it's sup easy and doesn't take a lot of time! I chose to use ground sirloin since it's leaner than other types of ground beef.