Mushroom Burgers. Add the oil to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat and sear until golden on both sides. Serve these mushroom burgers on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato, and provolone cheese.
The most natural beef you can find is best. This vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free mushroom burger recipe may just surprise you with how tasty it is. While mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture, the addition of pinto beans makes this recipe high in fiber and protein, too. You can cook Mushroom Burgers using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Burgers
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of mushrooms, roughly chopped (combination of crimini, shiitake, and Portobello).
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 6 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 2/3 cup of rolled oats.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan.
- It’s 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
These veggie burgers are easy to make and healthier than beef burgers. I love how mushroom burgers taste almost like Salsbury Steak. Yum…now I want burgers tonight! · Portobello Mushroom Burger. A good veggie burger doesn't have to be boring and this easy mushroom burger is anything but.
Mushroom Burgers step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large saucepan. Saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid boils off, and the mushrooms begin to saute..
- In large bowl, add mushroom mixture to oats, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes to develop the flavors. Shape into patties. Heat 2 tbsp oil in large non-stick skillet, over medium heat. Fry patties, cooking about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown..
The marinade on this will bring. Portobello Mushroom Burger on the Stove. Use an indoor grill pan like this one. Another stove option: Cook the mushrooms in a lightly oiled cast-iron or similar heavy-bottom skillet. Portobello Mushroom Burger in the Oven.