My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak. My husband tells me he would pay high dollar for my hamburger steaks in a restaurant and claims mine are the best so I thought I would share my recipe. It is really simple to make and if you have a patty maker it really cuts time making the steaks uniform and even. I usually make mine thick and use a Tupperware Pattie former.
My father loves this restaurant's hamburgers, so I tried my best to make it. The main point is to make sure you cook the onion until they turn brown. Recipe by *tsumuji mama * Growing up Hamburger Steak with Gravy was one of my favorite meals and also one of the first recipes my mother taught me to cook. You can cook My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak
- You need 480 grams of ★Ground pork.
- It’s 200 grams of ★Ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of ★Eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of ★Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★Nutmeg.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Panko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 large of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- You need 1/2 of Carrot.
- You need 4 of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Japanese Worcestershire-Style Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of White sesame seeds.
- You need 400 ml of ♪ Water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ♪ Soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ♪ Sugar.
- You need 1 clove of ♪ Ground garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of ♪ Vinegar.
Simple country cookin' and old fashioned comfort food has always been a favorite of mine. You know all those recipes that your mom and grandmother use to cook that immediately remind you of home. Learn how to make Hamburger Steak. One of my favorite Southern style comfort foods is Hamburger Steak topped with Onions and Gravy.
My Family's Restaurant-Style Hamburger Steak step by step
- Julienne the daikon and carrot and soak in water. Drain..
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, Japanese style worcestershire sauce, and white sesame seeds well..
- Cook the minced onion in oil heated in a frying pan until browned. Once browned, let cool completely..
- Once cooled, set aside 1 tablespoon of the onion and put the rest into a bowl. Combine with the ★ ingredients well..
- Heat oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the meat mixture. Since you are trying to imitate the "Bikkuri Donkey" restaurant style burgers, please make them as thin and large as you can. (Cover with a lid to steam fry).
- After the burgers have cooked through, save the oil. Add the ♪ ingredients and the remaining 1 tablespoon of onion to the frying pan and simmer to make a sauce for the hamburgers..
- If you arrange it like this, you will have a replica of the "Bikkuri Donkey" style plate!! It will taste delicious if you optionally top it with cheese or grated daikon!!.
You'll find it on the menu of just about every Mom and Pop style diner here in North Carolina. I must admit, I probably have this about once a week, and have been known to have it a second time in the same week. My family loves hamburger steak and it is such a comfort food. There are so many different variations but this is our favorite. We love this steak served with the gravy over mashed potatoes because it just seems to go together.