My Husband's Recipe for Healthy Hamburger Steaks with Carrots. CRACKED OUT COWBOY TATER TOT CASSEROLE. Browned round steak is tossed in a slow cooker with vegetables, seasonings, and tomato juice and cooked until the meat is tender. See great recipes for Hamburger Steaks With Ankake Mushroom Sauce too! add potatos, carrots and water, Bring to a boil.
If there's hamburger on the menu, I know my family will come running to the table. These healthy hamburger recipes are the perfect makeover for your favorite ground beef dish. Yes, these ground beef dishes are healthy! You can cook My Husband's Recipe for Healthy Hamburger Steaks with Carrots using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Husband's Recipe for Healthy Hamburger Steaks with Carrots
- It’s of Hamburgers:.
- It’s 500 grams of Ground beef.
- You need 2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of Panko.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of For the glazed carrot:.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- You need of For the hamburer sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of as much (to taste) in a 1:1 ratio Tonkatsu sauce, ketchup.
- Prepare 100 ml of The cooking liquid from the glazed carrots.
My husband had a poor perception of healthy food until he tried this beefy casserole. The combination of pasta, oregano, mushrooms and green peppers makes it a favorite in our house.. Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy. Complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for making Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy.
My Husband's Recipe for Healthy Hamburger Steaks with Carrots step by step
- Make the glazed carrots: Slice the carrot into rounds, and simmer slowly in a small pan. Reserve the cooking liquid..
- Make the hamburgers: Chop the onion finely and sauté in butter until well browned. Grate the carrot in the meantime..
- Put the onion, carrot, ground beef, eggs, and panko in a bowl and knead together. Add salt and pepper halfway through, and keep kneading. When the meat mixture comes together, form into patties..
- Spread oil in a pan. When it's hot, add the hamburger patties and brown one side over high heat. When it has browned, turn over and brown the other side..
- When both sides of the hamburgers are browned, add enough water to cover 1/4 of the thickness of the hamburgers. Cover with a lid and steam-cook..
- When the hamburgers have a bouncy texture on both sides, turn the heat off and take them out..
- Make the hamburger sauce: Wash the burnt bits out of the pan. Add the glazed carrot cooking liquid, tonkatsu (or Japanese Worcestershire-style) sauce and ketchup, and simmer until thickened..
- Serve: Put the hamburgers on serving plates, add plenty of sauce, and put the glazed carrots on the side..
- This is a variation using the hamburger mixture I made in advance. It's a yakiniku sauce flavored soboro rice bowl..
See just how easy this is to make at home. You'll find the printable recipe at the bottom of the instructions. It's an old favorite, southern style, comfort. My husband was a super fan and is already asking me to make it again. Served with a red wine reduction sauce, this homemade Japanese hamburger steak (Hambagu) is incredibly juicy and melts in your mouth!