Pav Bhaji. This is a very popular recipe in India, liked by almost everyone. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice.
Pav Bhaji Recipe – About Pav Bhaji Recipe Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe: Pav Bhaji is one of the most popular Indian snacks, specially in Maharashtra. It is a delicious combination of different vegetables cooked and mashed together. You can have Pav Bhaji using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- Prepare of Pav Bread or Burger Bread (8-10 no’s).
- Prepare 1 of small Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of tomato finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of capsicum/Bell pepper finely chopped.
- You need 1 of potato Boiled and smashed.
- You need 1 of carrot Boiled and smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green peas boiled and smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves.
- Prepare 3-4 teaspoon of Pav Bhaji masala powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder/paprika.
- It’s 4-5 table spoon of Butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
This is one dish, loved by people of all ages and cooked with different variations in different households. Pav Bhaji is the smartest way to have all the healthy. Pav Bhaji Recipe: Which Vegetables To Use To Make Mumbai-Special Pav Bhaji Bhaji is a hearty mishmash of vegetables and rustic spices finished off with garnish of coriander leaves, a dollop of butter and a lemon wedge. Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food.
Pav Bhaji instructions
- Heat up the pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter in to the pan.
- Once the butter is hot enough then add chopped onion sauté it for 3-4 minutes/ golden brown on medium flame.
- Add chopped capsicum and sauté for 3-4 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes continue the same procedure for another 5 minutes/ capsicum and tomato’s to get mashy.
- Then add boiled and smashed potato, carrot and green peas to it.
- Add 3 teaspoon pav bhaji masala powder if required add according to your taste, add chilli powder.
- Sauté all vegetables for 3-4 minutes on low heat then add salt to taste and add one more tablespoon of butter to it and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Take tawa and heat up, spread 1/2 spoon of butter on tawa, cut the pav into half then place on the tawa, toast the pav on both sides with butter.
- Serve hot.
Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop Pressure Cooker. Try this one-pot Pav Bhaji recipe in the pressure cooker and you will not make it any other way again! Mix well and your bhaji is ready. Now, put a pan over medium flame and roast pav in it.