Pizza dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. You can have Pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- You need 2 cups of Flour, + extra.
- You need 2 tsp of dry Yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of warm water.
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil.
Pizza dough instructions
- Pour 3/4 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes..
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in a mixer. Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball. Transfer to lightly floured surface..
- Knead the dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if the dough is very sticky, about 1 minute. Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil..
- Cover bowl with clean towel and let dough rise in warm area until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. 4. You can roll it, then place desired toppings. Voila! Wild Flavours.
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.